Electrical & Lights Speedo/rev counter instrument cluster bulbs blown

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by gjmhonda, Monday 12th Sep, 2016.

1. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gavin Inverness
    hi guys my 2003 accord tourer executive instrument cluster has quite a few bulbs out on it upon inspection I realised that they are led's, my question is can I replace just the bulbs or do I need to replace the whole cluster, I already know how to take everything apart

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes the brightness is up full, my rev counter is only half lit up, fuel gauge and temp gauge are not lit up but the needles are and my trip A mileage is dull, I thought u couldn't change the bulbs I these clusters and thought they were just part of a circuit board behind the clocks

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I personally haven't looked at the speedo to see if these can be changed but the TSX boys have done it. It's case you removing the speedo and having a look.

5. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll take it apart again and have a proper look but the last time I looked it was though u either had to get new bulbs soldered in or replace the whole cluster it's not like any other Honda I've had but like I said I'll take a proper look later today and let u know

6. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right I've taken it apart and by the looks of it the led's are part of the circuit board unit and can't be changed but I could only see from lifting the backing and looking in and they don't look like they can be removed but I could be totally wrong I will need to dig deeper and read up on it more, it's just really annoying having blown bulbs on the dash

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Having scanned the EPC for the 7th Generation it would seem our UK spec cars never got changeable bulbs there is no listed spares @Holdcroft Honda can you please check and confirm definitively.

8. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think it's gonna be a complete instrument cluster replacement but God knows how that's going to affect the mileage etc

9. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Looking around it does seem that the mileage is stored in the gauges :Frown:
    Would it be an idea to talk to a dealership? They may have some way of correcting a new cluster and making things above board and official.

10. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah would probably need to go to dealer and see what they say about it as I really don't want to mess around with mileage

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Unless you can find a speedo with similar mileage. I have seen adverts with mileage listed for many cars so might be worth checking fleabay

Simes likes this.