Off-Topic Sports Tourer Subaru Levorg

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 23rd Mar, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Whislt I and @DeviateDefiant where at the Geneva motorshow this car caught my eye and I was very very impressed with it, It was making all the right signals and was talking to me and cars rarely do that to me.

Now I have two tourer which I class as pretty sport as they have been moved from their stock trim to get that "Sports" tag. if Honda does not release another Accord or a big size car in the next 3 years then I will buy this one. Honda is moving away from what its customers want and delivering products what the market trends suggest and others are picking up the niches.

So well done Subaru to not follow the sheep syndrome.

P3050240.JPG P3050241.JPG P3050242.JPG P3050243.JPG P3050244.JPG P3050245.JPG

2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Go for it man, I love Subaru's they are my second favorite brand to Honda, quirky and historically an engineering led brand with a nice heritage. The Legacy's have always been fantastic cars and the hot GT and STI models are on my ithc list.

However I'm pretty sure they withdrew the Legacy aka Levorg from Europe and have no plans on returning, they just sell the more muddy friendly variant of it the Outback.

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I like that, the rear end has a good look about it. The front has an angry look and could suck in small children and animals.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The front end is very Mazda 6ish, which is a great looking car and I love the engineering and design that goes into the new Mazda's, some clever stuff.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If they get the smoker engine like the FA20F which is made by Subaru and a healthy 300PS then I am all over it ,however if the UKDM car came with the FA20D made by the jokers at Toyota then I will simply walk away.

Subaru_Levorg_FA20.

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Pretty sure the FA20D is a Subaru engine, it's the one in GT86 and BRZ isnt it? Which is Subaru design and made, Toyota won't know how to make boxer engine :gotcha:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Toyota developed that with Subaru both the GT86 and BRZ are same cars same chassis different badges.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Aye, it was co developed, but I am pretty sure Subaru's part of the deal was to provide the engine, Toyota have no expertise nor the facility in developing and assembling a boxer engine, so if they do stick that engine in the Legacy it shouldn't be end of the world.

According to wiki only the injection system is by Toyota, which is probably made by Denso. Rest is all Subaru.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jokers.PNG

aahhh the enemy with Subaru no thanks rather drink diesel.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That is just the fuel injection system the d4s, everything else is Subaru, even the GT86 is built by Subaru. You will probably find other bits in the Levorg that might be shared with toyota since they have controlling shares in them. That wouldn't put me off personally, the car is still essentially Subaru.

Subaru BRZ 2.0 Coupe first drive

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No chance if has the accountants making that engine under the Subaru "Under license" banner I rather walk away.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The front looks a bit "Volvo" to me, even so quite a nice looking thing.

I too have a real soft spot for Subaru, but I fear the way things are going they may follow Daihatsu out of the UK market.

Maybe this will be the new Toyota Avensis estate :gotcha:

13. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    I have always liked the Legacy but feel the styling took a turn for the worst after the 4th Generation 2003-2009 model, the 3 litre flat 6 spec B was a lovely car in saloon and estate form.

Have to admit this new model looks better than the 5th Generation.

exec likes this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    True that, the 5th Generation was a mix of ugliness and blandness mixed with some odd proportions, the interior was also very derivative, it looked like one of the Nissan american models.

I wouldn't mind the 3.0r spec b, but the running costs always put me off and the specialty required of the boxer engines should anything go wrong.