Body, Paint & Styling Sportsgrill

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Kristian, Sunday 9th Sep, 2012.

1. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Norway Kristian Stokmarknes
    Hi guys, I just recently bought a 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 DTEC sedan, and want to upgrade the stock chrome grill with the sport version. Given the fact that I have a non-sport front bumper, I am wondering if the sportsgill will fit without swapping the bumper as well? Found the sportsgrill on lingshondaparts.com for a reasonable price, compared to dealers in Norway.

Thanks for any help!
    Grille.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes the front grille will fit as long as you do NOT have the ADAS system installed.

3. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great! I Don't have the ADAS system, so I am all set.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kristian did you install the grill , would love to see it on a car without the sports bumper.

5. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have not gotten around ordering the grill yet, but will do sometime this month and hopefully install it shortly thereafter. Will definately post a photo for you guys to see :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers for the update bud:Thumbup:

7. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just came across a photo of an Accord with the sportsgrill installed on a stock bumper:

Honda.

Not sure how I like it on the blue car, what's your opinion? My car is painted polished metal, and I almost got mixed feelings about how it might look. Any thoughts before I "invest" 400 pounds?

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Different angle:

Honda2.JPG

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thats is a big improvement over the stock one for sure, next mod sports bumper? :Wink:

10. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, so finally I ordered the grill (took me long enough) and it is estimated to arrive sometime before newyears. Used lingshondaparts.com, as my local norwegian dealer wanted about 200GBP more compared to lings. My new question is: Have any of you guys swapped the grill yourselves? I have been searching the web looking for DIY's, with diverse results when it comes to details/photos. My impression is that most people advise dismounting the front bumper before swapping the grill, but not being a mechanical by profession I am quite skeptical doing that myself. This one american site had a PDF DIY, stating that you would be able to unclip the 4 clips at the bottom of the grill using a small mirror and a screwdriver.. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Kristian,

I do apologies NO one has responded until now, I have swapped many grills in my time and this is same as the 7th Generation and other honda's.

You can change the grill without removing the front bumper and is very easy and straight forward you can complete this task in 30 minutes.
    Let me know if you haven't been able to do it I can post a detailed step by step guide. If you have been able to do it please do post some pictures.

12. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No worries IchibanAccord, thanks for the reply. I will give it a try when the package arrives, and if successful post some pictures for sure.

13. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All done! Thumbs up to Lingshondaparts.com for adding installation instructions with the shipment. I found that removing the grill without loosening the front bumper to be impossible, as there were two phillips screws on the back along with the 4 inverted plastic clips underneath. Bottom line: not enough room behind the grill to access them in a reasonable way. However the bumper was surprisingly easy to loosen and put back in place, so with some help from a friend it all worked out. And the result is great!

Happy New Year folks! :Smile:

20121231_134718.

IMG_0366.

IMG_0367.

Last edited: Monday 31st Dec, 2012
    Nels, i-DSI and AccordCU2 like this.
  14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Kristian,

sounds great, but not seeing the pictures.

rich

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fixed the pictures , please can members take note of this thread if the pictures don't display and just appear as words.

http://hondakarma.com/posts/22414/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can see the pics - looks fantastic Kristian :Wink:

Thanks for kindly sharing :Thumbup:

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Kristian,

looks sweet next time try Holdcroft than Lings you will get a better price on parts
    :Wink:

The fitting instructions come standard with all Honda accessories it not a extra done by the dealer, the thanks goes to Honda to make easy to understand and world class instructions