Detailing Spring clean

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by stueymalton, Saturday 6th Apr, 2013.

1. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was in the mood for a good clean. First time using a claybar and it was hard work but it got loads of dirt off and pleased with the finish.

Cleaned wheels using billberry wheel cleaner.
    Prerinsed, washed with two bucket method and meguiars gold class shampoo and meguiars wool mit. rinsed.
    clayed using meguiars quick clay kit and quick detailer, dried with microfibre after each panel.
    waxed with colonite 416s
    took me nearly 4 hours dunno if thats about right lol

photo. photo(3). photo(2). photo(1).
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 6th Apr, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

*Collinite 476s
  3. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Very nice job done mate, looking good
  4. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looks real good dude :Smile:
  6. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well done mate. after having gone through a similar marathon today, i sympathise with you :Rolf:
  8. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha cheers dude. Back is still Hurting me now.

Have become way too obsessed with cleaning/detailing my accord.
  9. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Very nice.Black Accord look superb after wash/detail.
    Good job
  10. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Zoran. They do look lush.
    My next project is to get a pressure washer and some wheel wax and do a deep clean with wheels off.

Also want to try some poorboys black hole.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think this deserves this :-

stueymalton and AccordCU2 like this.
  12. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lovely job.

For tackling your wheels I'd recommend some iron X, this will be the tar and burnt on black dots of brake dust off. Can take a couple of hits though. Then protect with a couple of coats of poorboys wheel sealant.
  13. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can recommend the Poorboys Black Hole. use in between full job machine polish. Masks swirls a treat. follow up with a quick detailer for a deep deep shine. P1000658. P1000661. P1000677.
  14. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate. Nice one will get some of that with my pressure washer and wheel wax then :0).

Will the iron x be stronger than using neat bilberry ?
  15. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wicked. That will be next on my buying list after extra wheel kit. Will make sure to get a pics thread up :cool:
  16. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for editing my pics speedy, much appreciated :Grin:
  17. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep Iron X is basically a solvent, tar and oxidation remover, very strong, use with care, don't let it dry on, but it does need a couple of minutes to work and turn pink, have a look on detailing world at the Iron X demo pics.

Bilberry isnt as strong, only suitable for general maintenance once the wheels are clean and sealed. You'd only use Iron X a couple of times a year for wheel off spring cleaning etc.

Whereas diluted bilberry is suitable every wash.
  18. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Rich, I'm not aware and have not had any success in ironx removing tar spots, carpro who make it have a product called carpro trix which does the job of removing both tar and iron comtamination.
  19. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Rich, much appreciated.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The joy of working on your car for ridiculous number of hours and then to stand back after a pint of lager make it worthwhile.

Good stuff bud!
    stueymalton likes this.