Pre-Facelift Model Squeaking/creaking clutch pedal & parking sensor fault?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by West17, Tuesday 8th Jul, 2014.

1. West17 New Member Getting Started

G Perth
    Hi all,

First time in here so please go easy...I'd like to tap into your collective wisdom.

I've just purchased a 2009 CDTI Ex with 30,000 miles on the clock from an independent garage. So far all seems ok apart from a very annoying creak from the clutch pedal. I've taken it back to the garage who greased the linkage but the noise returned two days later. I've spoken to a couple of folk who reckon this is a common honda problem and I need to live with it, but I'm keen to know if there is a permanent fix and whether I should be pressing the garage to remedy?

Also - trying to figure out the parking sensors. When I switch them on I seem to get a lot of beeping even if I'm nowhere near any objects. When in reverse, the "car" shown in the display turns orange and the rear sensor appears on screen. I think this may be telling me the rear sensors are faulty? I'm not seeing any other sensors being shown on the display

Many thanks in advance for your help.

tom c likes this.
  2. Bryn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a squeaky clutch pedal on our 2009 CDTI when we got it from a main dealer back in January ( I think) they had it back, tried greasing it, and then changed the Clutch master cylinder which cured the issue .. At least I think it was the master cylinder ... could have been the slave ....

3. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    It's within your consumer rights to seek remedy with the dealer for up to 6 months.

Take it back and get them to sort the squeak out.

Dunno about the parking sensors, sorry.

4. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Check your rear tailgate door is closing properly, I have had mine fixed by the dealer and it's still poor at latching...shows on the display as orange plus a 'bar' across the back of the door.

5. West17 New Member Getting Started

G Perth
    Thanks all - garage fixed the parking sensors. It needed 2 new sensors on rear bumper.

Clutch pedal still creaking - it is intermittent with no obvious reason why sometimes it creaks and sometimes not.

I did not know that about 6 months to remedy? Garage said they sold the car with 2 month warranty.

cheers

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think @moob missed that fact that you're from Perth @West17

7. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I don't understand @SpeedyGee?

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@moob, I think @SpeedyGee meant that consumer laws will be different in Australia.

9. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I actually think he's from Perth, Scotland.

10. West17 New Member Getting Started

G Perth
    indeedy - it's Perth Scotland. Very similar, just not quite the same sunshine hours as our antipodean counterparts.

I actually thought that the inference was that consumers laws differ in Scotland from England? But I'm not sure that would be the case - anyone know?

moob likes this.
  11. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Mate I live in Scotland too, and work next to trading standards officers.

You can trust me the info is correct.

12. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Basically under the sale of goods act, your rubbish used car dealers warranty is totally pointless. This is because you are better protected by consumer law.

This is UK wide.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Stand corrected. Apologies for the confusion.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Opps !! :Blushing:

moob likes this.