Engine & Gearbox squeaky clutch 57 plate facelift accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by stueymalton, Wednesday 12th Jun, 2013.

1. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys, been loving my accord but just recently the clutch pedal has started squeaking and its driving me nuts.

I've done some searching and I know I need to get some molykote g-rapid plus aerosol to lube the rod, anyone know where I can get this at a reasonable price please ?

Where do I spray it and how do I get to part that needs lubricating please ?

Cheers guys. Stu

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I found this photo on the internet. If you lube the rod that looks like it's going into the wall then push the pedal in a few times it should get in there nicely. I used Red Rubber Grease which has done the trick.

img0424d.

stueymalton likes this.
  3. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Legend cheers dude

4. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Shin Etsu Honda silicone grease

5. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hate white grease, gets everywhere !!! But theres no other cure !!

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
  7. AceAccord86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that pic arctic, I got the squeaky clutch tooand lubed the wrong bit!

Will lube the rod (lol) with some white grease tonight as it is bloody annoying.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Mine had a crunching feel also but the grease solved it thankfully :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stu that is the only grease in my opinion you should use , speak to HH aka Holdcroft they have them in stock on areosol will last you a lifetime. it is expensive but worth every penny.

It tried tested and it just works. make sure you put cloths around the pedal area as this grease is black and if it falls on the carpet it makes a mess which is tricky to clean.

stueymalton likes this.
  10. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stu that is the only grease in my opinion you should use , speak to HH aka Holdcroft they have them in stock on areosol will last you a lifetime. it is expensive but worth every penny.

It tried tested and it just works. make sure you put cloths around the pedal area as this grease is black and if it falls on the carpet it makes a mess which is tricky to clean.[/QUOTE]

Legend cheers bud will do:Grin:

11. AceAccord86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brought some White lithium Grease yesterday to spray on the moving parts circled in the picture on the first page and it certainly has done the trick!

No only has the squeaking gone when pressing on the clutch pedal, the whole process requires a lot less physical effort than it did previously. I know lubricating any moving part has this effect but it was surprising just how much the pedal loosened up.

I would recommend anyone with a 7th Generation Accord to do this even if there is no squeak as it just makes getting through traffic so much easier.

Last edited: Friday 14th Jun, 2013
  12. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys, just wanted to say thanks for this awesome info.
    Finally got some of the molykote the other day, literally just did a couple of sprays in the area pictured above.
    Squeak has completely gone and clutch feels like new !!!

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just remember this is not a permanent fix the squeak will come back so keep on greasing or change the CMC.

stueymalton likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Actually CJ I had a squeaky pedal for a long long time, when I finally pulled my finger out, got down there and lubed the rod, noise disappeared straight away and I've not had it back since. That was some 25k miles ago.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You are the chosen one aren't ya .. Don't speak too early :Whistle:

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Hey:

17. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    My pedal squeaks and knocks, had two master cylinders fitted and covered 2k, not happy so going to a honda dealership, will have to pay for the work myself

18. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    Castrol Red Rubber Grease did the trick for me :Smile: Stopped the clicking right away.

SpeedyGee likes this.