Engine & Gearbox Squeaky clutch

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Mudinureye, Monday 18th May, 2015.

1. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Ireland Bertie Castlerock
    I've just had a look through the forum here and see that this is a common problem :happycrying:. Anyway, the car is going in tomorrow to make use of the expensive warranty that I paid for - the squeak had better be gone when I get it back....:Rant:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is load of info on this squeaky clutch nearly all Honda cars have this issue, hope you get the car back with this issue fixed and a lighter pedal

Mudinureye likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    As already said, loads of known issues with the clutch squeaking. Its a fairly easy problem to solve but one which shouldnt be there in the first place and I am surprised that Honda has never corrected it with a new design.

Mudinureye likes this.
  4. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah, I find it hard to understand why it hasn't been corrected, really. I've had to postpone leaving the car in until next Tuesday, but hopefully it'll be fixed then. Still happy with it, mind!

5. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Not fixed yet......garage dragging their heels.....damn their eyes....

6. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Steve Wigan
    Bit of a thread revival but did you get this done under warranty?
    I have the same problem with mine and wondered if it would be covered under the warranty. Not a Honda warranty tho and it does state that it doesn't cover wear and tear but I don't think this problem is due to wear and tear.
    What reason did you give for taking into the warranty people.
    Thanks
    Steve

7. Mudinureye Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry, Steve, I should have replied before now!
    It hasn't been totally fixed, but it isn't as bad as it was. The garage insist that there is nothing wrong with it and keep packing it with grease, which has helped, but, as I say, not completely. It is going back in on Monday next for a different problem (that may be also clutch related), so I'll tell them then to have another go.

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The squeaking is coming from failing seals as they are hardening - so whilst packing it with grease does help for a while, the seals with eventually fail. Best practice is to replace it ideally.

9. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A new 'clutch pedal box' fixed mine.. 3 months later still as smooth as silk clutch pedal action.. :Smile: