Suspension, Steering and Brakes squeeky noise

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by glennyboy, Sunday 14th Apr, 2013.

1. glennyboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all i have a 1999 2.0 esi accord everytime i release my foot off the brake pedal there is this squeek noise it is quite loud it happens everytime i use brakes any ideas thanks glenn:Thumbup:

Last edited: Sunday 14th Apr, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think time to strip your brakes and inspect the pads and do a full check it could be simple as a small stone stuck.

3. glennyboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

brakes seem ok why would it make a noise when taking foot off pedal ?

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does the noise come from the pedal or outside?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You won know until you strip it.

6. glennyboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its outside defo rattle/sqeeky noise it seems nsf but why only when i release foot of pedal would it make a noise the guy who i bought it from said noise could be a caliper i don't know its my first honda I've heard a noise on my old ford that turned out to be the lower arm but noise was not as loud weird cheers

7. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Are you saying that the squeak or squeal comes after you have released the brakes and is it a constant noise or is it just when you release the brakes ?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Glenn anyupdates on this ? have you been able to strip down the brakes to have a look?

9. glennyboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

no havent stripped down brakes yet noise is there slightly when not applying brakes there is a slight knocking noise when i pull away its a creaking noise when applying brake pedal and when realeased thats best to describe it pads look ok could it be lower arm ball joint could these make the creaking noise thanks glenn

Last edited: Friday 19th Apr, 2013
  10. glennyboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

found out problem been told droplinks

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good I would replace both of them that's what I would do.