Off-Topic Squirrel hiding in the engine bay!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by exec, Tuesday 3rd May, 2016.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    This isn't really new thread worthy, but don't know where else to put this. But yesterday when I went to show my bro in law something in the engine bay, when I opened it a squirrel was stuck inside and leapt out and ran away! I didn't notice it jumped from the engine bay but my bro in law pointed ti out, the poor thing must have been stuck there for a while, in the heat and noise :Laughing:. I hope it didn't chew any wiring or shit anywhere! :Baseballbat:

Zebster likes this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oh dear. Good to hear that it got out ok but I would imagine that it was just chilling inside as it could have gone out the way it came in. Lol
    - - - Updated - - -
    So before you discovered it, was your engine sounding a bit squirrels? Hehe

exec likes this.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    :Grin: I was wondering what the squealing noise was. If it fried itself on the engine I could have had a free meal. :hungry:

It looked a bit thin, so might have been stuck there for a while. :Unknown:

legend-ary likes this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Ouch! :Grin:

5. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    surely it would be able to climb down and get out underneath, I know that cats sometimes climb up into engine compartments

exec likes this.
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    When I removed my air filter box a while back, I found a mouse nest on top of the gearbox and a huge pile of seeds and nuts. Some of the insulation has been nibbled from the long aircon pipework that runs along the rear if the engine.

exec likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I dunno maybe it got stuck or confused or went in there in teh afternoon when I came back and took in the warmth of the engine!

Got to be a be a bit careful with those rodents, did you leave your car parked for a while? how would the mices survive all the journeys for a nest to remain intact.

I usually have spiders burrowing in the wing mirrors in the summer, which I leave them be, so long as they don't come inside. Usually die off in the winter, but no signs of them this year!