Suspension, Steering and Brakes SRS Unit needed for 2001 3.0 litre Accord V6

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by malc77, Tuesday 31st Jul, 2012.

1. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone help me find a SRS unit for a 2001 3.0 litre Accord V6 please?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC ,have you tried to get a part price from a Honda dealer or even a scrap yard?

Your car are already rare on the ground finding donors will be a challenge. I assume your car has failed an MOT and is due an MOT and you need this resolving.

3. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi - Thanks. - Yes Honda dealer price is more than car is worth. I am trying scrapyards- but as you say the car is rare and I haven't found the correct unit yet- (one scrapyard sent me a unit but it was not correct). There is one place in USA who claims to repair any SRS unit -I may try that.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Whats the cost of repairs and shipping together from the states?

5. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The repair is $50 (which seems cheap) and return shipping is $50 too.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Be careful of custom charges ,please do let us know what the outcome is.:GoodJob:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Malc did you get your SRS unit from the states?

8. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi again. After trying many scrap yards/ breakers I could not find the correct SRS unit part number item (despite several sellers saying 'it should fit')..... Honda wanted over £500 for the unit but I eventually went to them after removing the centre console etc myself so they could reach it (which I thought would save me a few £ for labour). I did find my local Honda dealer's labour charge reasonable as it is half the normal rate of about £68 /hour (ie £34/hour) for all Hondas over ten years old. USA cars use a different part number and I was not confident one would suit my vehicle.
    While it was there I got them to change the cam belt too (it's a V6) which cost another £150 total. I need two front tyres now and fingers crossed it gets through its MOT!

Ichiban likes this.
  9. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Did it pass fella?

Also have the V6 and wondered if you found the OBD plug on your adventures.
    Interested in seeing what an android os can do via bluetooth.

10. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi- Yes thanks it passed OK. I got the dealer to plug in their OBD (socket under the dashboard) stuff and read the fault code which confirmed the worst- that it was the SRS computer. I wanted them to confirm it as the new SRS unit from Honda is an expensive and, I was informed, a non- refundable item .

All the best with yours!

Malc.

11. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Do you know where the plug is hiding, been behind the ashtray, both footwells under the carpets and a rummage up under the dash.
    Its got me stumped, though there's still snow on the ground so haven't got really stuck in yet.

12. malc77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I didn't use it myself (I only used the small one with two wires to attempt to re-set the SRS unit) - but I think it is under the dash on the drivers side- and you need to look up from the footwell area to find it.
    Sorry that isn't more exact.

M.