Insurance Start Rescue breakdown cover.

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by Smokingman, Friday 2nd Oct, 2015.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Highly recommend these guys for breakdown recovery; I have 3 star cover which in a nutshell-Home start, national breakdown, recovery. Cost £35 for cars less than 10 years old then a sliding scale there after. In addition you get a 10% discount after several years. Hopefully shall not need them for Dee-my accord but used them for recovery of previous car.
    Start rescue website Breakdown policy cover options from £16.45 by startrescue.co.uk

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud that is a massive saving!

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I have Chris Knott cover for £54 a year I think but nether used it yet as its a Honda :peace:

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Its nice to see thread where members could exchange ideas and hopefully save money. I found auto aid for my breakdown insurance. They charged me £41 for the year. That covers everything and considering my honda can now legally buy alcohol in a pub that's not too bad.
    For the car insurance I use castle cover. I payed £243 last year, fully comp. Aged 55 with an sp30
    ( still boy racer ) car parked on drive and in London so again don't think its bad.
    Will try the sites insurance as there up for renewal soon. Hope this has been of some use, if we all saved £10 each that's' well worth it.
    Perhaps we could all donate some of our savings towards. H K window stickers?

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I pay £30 for UK wide breakdown cover for my 2004 Jazz with GreenFlag. A lot of companies don't like to cover cars older than 10 years so I think I got a good price. Mind you, for my 1.0 Yaris the price was £34 and I actually got a refund of £4 when I switched to Jazz halfway through the policy :Grin:

Insurance? haha I have all of you beat in that regard. £1425 per year for fully comp after a lump sump payment discount. If I went for monthly payments it was £1800+ per year. Car on road/residential parking in London. It is still a better deal than what i got on a Yaris.. I was paying 1375 for TPFT policy.

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Did I read that correctly ? You pay over 1400 a year ! Or am I thick and you meant £14-25p. I had a Buick on a classic policy and Never played more than £100 per year so the £243.00 per year made me cry lol.

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

haha I wish it was £14.25 or ever £142.5 and this was including single payment discount which I paid using a card that offered 0%. Otherwise I would have had to pay £1800 for a year or £150 pm which is like 3x the value of the car. Joy!

8. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Sorry I'm shocked don't know what to say without being insulting, I didn't think my policy was particularly cheap. Don't get me wrong I love my old banger to bits but that's all it is. As I said my Honda dealer valued it at £120 as a trade in. So I'm already paying twice its value to insure it. Perhaps yours is powered by a V12 lol.

9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

haha no that is fine. I actually enjoy hearing about how ridiculous the cost of insurance is.

10. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, just bought euro+ cover from them, if you go online at the mo you can find a 15% discount voucher to apply to an online application, brings the full 5 star cover for here and with our friends in europe down to about £55 if I remember correctly. I also have used auto aid for years but this all- in will trump them if we still perambulate abroad from time to time.

11. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Just renewed my policies for breakdown and ordinary car insurance, switched car insurance again and thanks to the fat opera singer got a great deal for £195 which I think is cheap.
    It really pays to shop around.

dbrooks65 and legend-ary like this.
  12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

:shock: £195??! haha Ill get there in 10-20 years time I guess

13. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Ha ha I'm afraid there won't be such a thing in ten years time if you believe the boffins, we'll all be sitting in the back getting drunk while the cars drive themselves.
    How can they charge us huge premiums if its impossible to crash the cars ? Lol.

14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Good point actually. Never thought of that. Insurance companies and body shops won't like non crashable self driving cars... They are such a mafia that they won't let this happen will they.

15. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    No personally I don't think it will catch on, mind you I said that about mobile phones lol.
    I can't see the attraction if like me you just love driving.
    Well I did enjoy driving until yesterday when bump sprang a hydraulic in the black wall tunnel ! Lol
    The repair bills like my credit card number !

16. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

oh GOD! Blackwall tunnel cause the whole area around me a big parking lot and it didn't clear until 10:30pm... poor ferry was running until 11pm.. usually closes at 8.
    I reckon the crane driver will be getting a bit of a dressing down today

17. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Hope no terrorist s were watching the news, its that easy to grind London to a standstill ! !
    Years and years of underinvestment still using a tunnel that was designed for horse and carts !
    Mind you a friend of mine drove a different HGV once and managed to wedge it like a cork in a bottle in the tunnel ! Can't think why but he wasn't very popular !

18. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I have been getting Silvertown tunnel consultation updates and although I like the fact that they are trying to resolve the situation but then putting a charge on both Blackwall and Silvertown tunnels!! I mean what the.. . look what happened with Dartford bridge, they were supposed to remove the charge once the bridge was payed off but 16 years after that has happened people are still paying for it which they have sneakily changed to 'Congestion charge'

I wrote back to them saying why should use East Londoners pay for under-investment? and as Twitter users have been saying stop spending £70m of public money on that private garden bridge and instead fix the east crossings...

19. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Yes I agree, being here hadn't heard of the garden bridge, at first I thought it was an April fools joke.
    Of course its all too late now, car drivers of course get severely rodgered as we're an easy tax target and now also use the save the planet argument to shaft us further !
    Your right what you said earlier, the repair industry is massive can't see them just lying down.
    Personally I don't want to sit in an electric car that drives itself !

20. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I had my Accord I used to get Honda assist for free due to being a valued Honda customer.

My parents are both covered on their Jazz and CR-V under the same courtesy.