General Start Stop tech

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Saturday 27th Jun, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just wondering but if you've got this and have been having a blast down some A roads or something and then come to some lights and the engine cuts out, isn't this bad for the turbo seals as the cooling oil flow will stop?
  2. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley

I imagine it wouldn't be good but then again having ethanol in fuel isn't good for an engine. Most car manufacturers only care that their cars last the warranty period because most of the public treat them as a disposable item that gets replaced every few years.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Get ready @Ichiban is coming :Laughing:

There's a threads covering this already I believe.
    Harvey, Superman001 and Ichiban like this.
  4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In my opinion I hate the technology and think its the biggest waste of time and money ever. Although Fifth Gear did an article on its benefits a little while back driving a French car around, granted it did more MPG, but IMHO it wasnt that great as half the time the car restarted itself because the battery got low on charge.

I also think the system Ford use on their Transit vans is terrible, it only works half the time and its annoying trying to quickly pull away from a junction as the engine has to restart etc. That and the Transit is the biggest gutless turd I have ever driven!