Engine & Gearbox Starting issue

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Sunday 16th Nov, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    anyone else experienced this issue ; e.g. drive the car for about a mile or so from cold, pull into petrol station , switch off engine, leave it sitting for a few minutes while filling up etc. then try to start it and engine struggles to start, keeping the key turned for few seconds then starts/ chugs into life instead of it's usual turn the key and start immediately, which it normally does , have to say this issue is intermittent and only done it a couple of times since I've had it , strangely enough my previous 2004 2.0L type-s Civic used to do the same thing, never got to the bottom of it on that one!!
    Cheers Pete

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh yeah,exactly the same on my car for few years now.
    I tried and changed a lot including spark plugs,fuel filter you name it but it still happens randomly.

I gave up trying to find the cause and decided to stop worrying about it.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    But your car is not the same as above mate different beasts. Your issue is so bizarre its your cars characteristics as mine does not exhibit that at all.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know they are different cars but his symptoms are exactly the same as mine except mine sometime refuse to start at all from first time.
    It doesn`t seem to affect the car in any other way so i stopped trying to fix it and just drive it and see what happens.

I`ts been like this for a while so i don`t think is anything to worry about.

6. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Cheers for that mate, will give it a go.
    Cheers Pete
    - - - Updated - - -
    I also gave up on the Civic too , as I probably will with this one if changing to iridium plugs doesn't solve it!!
    Cheers Pete

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @Old Cruiser, maybe post a little video of the start-up for us all - should help figure how "bad" the crank is.

8. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    The crank over is fine mate, when it does this, it's more as if it's petrol flooding if you see what I mean, thing is god knows when it will do it again, as it's so random!
    Cheers Pete