Starting problem

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by trekkers, Saturday 20th Feb, 2016.

1. trekkers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Azerbaijan Jhun Baku
    Got a GK5 A/T with starting problem:
    1. When you start no any reaction with start (no rotation)
    2. Ignition light and indicator are all visible
    3. Immobilizer light turn off after key in ON position

Check and action done.
    1. Replaced with new battery
    2. Used spare key
    3. Check starter seems ok no sign of malfunction

Suspect maybe it is starter relay as sometimes its one click but sometimes it won't start seems power supply cannot react with starter when your key for start. Please kindly help me with it. Dealer/service cannot diagnostic the cause why not starting.

You help much appreciated
    Jhun

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Find it hard to believe dealer / garage can't find a fault if they had the car physically .
    I'd make sure new battery actually is fully charged, sounds like starter or solenoid from what you say but its hard to diagnose on here.

trekkers likes this.
  3. trekkers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Azerbaijan Jhun Baku
    Its been sent twice and they connect some equipment but no joy ending take it back and drive home. Its annoying when you want to start it tkae long to engae . I did asked for schematic so i can do it at home but they declined my request

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    If its an auto may be the inhibitor switch. Don't worry I'm sure you'll soon get more help from people who know your model inside out.

trekkers likes this.
  5. trekkers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Azerbaijan Jhun Baku
    thanks yea and hope someone can pass wiring diagram

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can not believe a dealer can't sort this, this seems to confirm my beliefs of late that main dealer standards with competent mechanics is seriously slipping away, this is something I see constantly of late,
    Anyway sounds like a starter motor problem, sometimes best to work backwards on a problem so voltage and Earth at the starter motor, the heavy 12 volt cable has voltage constantly two headlight bulbs 100 watts wired in series will test its source ,this would be enough to make the starter click, the small terminal known as the 50 feed is fed 12 volt to engage the starter, this needs to be tested and observed when a no start is present ,if a 12 volt feed is present then the starter is at fault.
    Is this a case of sometimes starts and somethings not.?
    Hope this is not to confusing.

7. trekkers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Azerbaijan Jhun Baku
    I checked the starter itself and its kick when you did that, i did removed it as we are far from dealer all in good shape and its been also diagnostic twice but no joy. I asked for wiring diagram because might other diversion of fail safe and Im waiting until now from dealer.

8. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you sure that the starter is good then a test of that 50 feed to the starter,this is the small wire onto the soliniod,connect a wire and bulb to it and run it into the drivers view inside the car, Earth the other side of the bulb to something near the dashboard,when you start the car this will light,observe and watch for a no light when there is a no start,

9. trekkers Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Azerbaijan Jhun Baku
    Thats what i will do next time when my time off .. cheers

10. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    This sounds more likely to be the Gear Selector Interlock mechanism. Are you sure you have selected 'P' or 'N' ?