Detailing Steam Cleaner 7th Generation Interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by 35mmslr, Wednesday 29th Feb, 2012.

1. 35mmslr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone, I am trying to "tart" up my 7thGen Sport and wondered if anyone has tried a steamcleaner on the interior fabrics (carpets, seats etc) or if there are any better options?

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How dirty is the interior? normally I won't even thing of using the steam cleaner on the interior you never know what it can do,you are better off using soft fabric cleaners like 303 Fabric/ Vinyl Cleaner.

Used this a few times on my wife's tourer and the results have been superb.

3. 35mmslr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not really dirty, but we bought a new Kacher steam cleaner for indoors and wondered if it would work. I'll take your advice and order the 303. Thanks.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud I use steam cleaner for cleaning oil residue around engines to trace a oil leak. Steam is food for hard surfaces and taking creases of curtains.:Wink:

5. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    On my other vehicle, I used a small hand held carpet cleaning machine (hot water extractor, the kind used for pet accidents) on the floor board carpets. And, it helped pick up some of the stains from where my daughter spilled food. But, i never tried it on the seats. Since upgrading, i've switched to a strict no eating in the car policy. So my car interior is much cleaner. So far, i just give the interior a quick vacuum and it's good to go.