Facelift Model Steering pump pressure hose.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dablg, Sunday 24th Feb, 2013.

1. dablg New Member Getting Started

Hi there, :Wave:

I have a 2007 2.4L EX Saloon, that I have recently purchased from a used car dealer in Bulgaria. When i turn the steering wheel left or right, there is this ugly noise coming from the engine bay. I located the noise as coming from the power steering pressure line hose. Went to the dealership with the hope of finding the solution for this problem. The mechanic told me that the rubber part of the hose is not the right size for the car and sent me to a person dealing with hydraulic hoses who could replace it with the right size hose. I went to this guy and briefly described him the situation I was in. After making a thorough inspection of the hose, he told me that a metal part of the original rubber hose was missing. Maybe this is the thing I need (circled in red on the pic)
    PS AOCUK.JPG

Since here in Bulgaria, we have only a few scrap yard specialized in Japan car parts, I have a very limited choice of finding second hand parts for my Honda. I have no clue if it is possible to find only the part mentioned above, or should I buy the whole piece instead. I suppose an old, good for nothing, hose would do the trick since I only need that metal piece of it. I am looking forward to any suggestions or opinions. Thank you in advance!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I cannot see that swage fitting which goes around a rubber collar holder being the cause of the noise.

a noisy steering is more or less worn rack no amount of rubber hoses can made a noise unless there is a sort of blockage.

3. dablg New Member Getting Started

On my hose that fitting is missing. I made someone turn the wheels slightly to the left and to the right while I was at the front of the car. When I grab the hose I could feel low vibrations in the hose accompanied by that noise.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is your power steering reservoir full of fluid no leaks no noises from the PS pump? vibration on a pipe means blockage\ resistance ..why do you think that metal bit will cause it?

5. dablg New Member Getting Started

The problem is that when I bought it, I did not have a clue that the hose was "repaired", and not replaced with a stock one. I found this fact only after I went to the local Honda dealership to ask about the source of that noise and they told me that the rubber hose was replaced with one that was not for that car. Also told me that some piece inside that was inside the original hose was missing. Somebody has permanently removed it after the previous repair.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This pipe without the metal collar is it routed in its holder ?

You can get a replacement pipe and try but doubt the noise or vibration will go TBH.

7. dablg New Member Getting Started

It "smells" to me like a new hose, or perhaps an used one. Could you give a website or an address of a scrap yard in the UK that sells mostly Honda parts?

- - - Updated - - -

If someone has an old, punctured hose and wants to sell it, I could use the damper or whatever it is called inside the old hose?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dablg I was wrong when I said that small piece of metal does not do anything , infact it does it a counter weight to iron out vibrations so you were right all along.

What happened in the end have you got this resolved?