Electrical & Lights Steering wheel control lights

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by gjmhonda, Thursday 13th Oct, 2016.

1. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gavin Inverness
    The other night whilst driving my 03 plate accord tourer executive I noticed that my steering wheel control buttons weren't lit up and was wondering if they are meant to be lit when lights are switched on, sorry for the silly question but would rather they were working if they are designed to do so

2. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    I bought my Accord recently and it doesn't light up.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Mine do light up (54 registration).

I recall this being discussed on another Accord forum. It seems that very early pre-facelift models don't while slightly later ones do, but the dividing line is very fuzzy. However I would expect an '03 model to not have illuminated steering wheel controls.

I stand back and await disagreement!

4. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would of thought they would light up, everythingelse does lol

5. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Mine is 54 as well, but no lights. Does the model matter. Mine is sports, so I have bright red light speedometer etc

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Yours is exactly the same model as mine, but perhaps yours was made earlier before being registered? You can tell from the VIN when the car was manufactured, there's a thread here on the forum about doing that. Mine was actually registered in January 2005.

7. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine was registered 25th march 2003, it looks as thought they should light up but I could be wrong like I say everythingelse lights up i.e. The window switches front & back, the heated seat switches etc

8. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just had a look, mine was manufactured in 04 and was registered Oct 04