General Steering wheel emblem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Anxiety, Monday 3rd Nov, 2014.

1. Anxiety Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ADRIAN GIBRALTAR
    Hi, another issue, although a small one, with my Honda is that the crome on the steering wheel emblem has peeled and its really bugging me.
    I have seen loads of Type-r ones but really I would like to know if they fit snugly within the recessed profile in the wheel where the original sits.
    Has anyone changed these emblems before?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've haven't changed one but I'd imagine it should just pry off.

3. Anxiety Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ADRIAN GIBRALTAR
    Yes, apparently the original is held by a few pins but what I was wondering if those red tYPE-R ones on ebay fit in the recess left when removing the original or will it sit ontop beacuse the profile is not the same.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If they're not too expensive @Anxiety, give it a go and post a little write up of the process.

5. Anxiety Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ADRIAN GIBRALTAR
    I will do.
    I have one allready in my sights and will probably order it some time this morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is the right profile as I've seen some Honda logos more squared than others.

6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I actually bought a red stick on emblerm for the steering wheel on my Civic, thinking that the existng emblem would just peel off. It seems it is clipped in though, and I read elsewhere (can't remember where) that though it is possible to replace the emblem, it is not such a simple job. I'd really like to see how you get on with yours.

7. Anxiety Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ADRIAN GIBRALTAR
    Have you actually replaced yours yet?
    Apparently the original one is held with pins at the back.
    My idea initally is to carefully pry it out a little and slip some wire or fishing line between the badge and wheel. Then pulling with the wire to show the pins and carefully cutting the pins with a scalpel knife.
    I'll see how it goes...

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I tried to replace mine (after reading about it being held in by pins) but it did not seem to want to come out (and I was wary to not force it), so I gave up on the idea for now. Would really appreciate a guide (with pictures :Grin:) if you go ahead and do it.