Suspension, Steering and Brakes Steering wheel fluid hose leaking on Accord 2.2 I-CTDI, 2008

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dragos, Sunday 29th Mar, 2015.

1. Dragos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRARAD Bucharest
    Hello guys,

I've just switched to summer tires and gues what?!.. i saw oil on the chasy on the right, just on the back of the right wheel.
    I oppened the bonnet and i saw from where it came from, the power steering hose was leaking seriously.
    Went to the local Honda dealer, ordered a new hose, about 250 EUR the OEM hose + handkraft 50 EUR + 1 L Power steering fluid 20 EUR
    I was quite dissapointed, with this problem...i don't understant, is it a common issue for the 2.2 Accord I - CTDI?...the car has only 93000 km on board. On the other hand you don't find any other cheapper options for this problem, at least this is what everybody told me.
    I understand that it is not a gardening hose :Smile:)) but 250 EUR ? with discount applied also? too much for a fking hose!!!..i'm quite angry, never had this problem on the other Accord 2.0...in fact no problem, just petrol and there you go!!!

Hope next time i will bring you better news,
    Take care!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you may have damaged it on a rock or climbing kerbs, can you attach a picture of the damage.

3. Dragos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRARAD Bucharest
    In fact just now, i remembered that i forgot to ask for the damaged hose, and they did not put it in my trunk either...
    so i cannot provide any pictures :Frown: i will make some pictures tomorow at the new hose and i will point out the leaking zone, is the only way.
    Asphalt is the only surface that i drove on, i don't like climbing kerbs most of the time i avoid them...no strange noises underneath, or stones thrown by wheels under...Honda dealer told me that is fairly common for this issue to appear at 2.2 I-CTDI specialy after 7 years :Frown:
    and honestly to them was very natural to hear about this power steering hose fault...i never heard of this issue from a car, not to mention my surprise when i saw it happened to me...on my Accord :Frown: which i love driving it every day...

4. Dragos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRARAD Bucharest
    image.

Attached Files:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. Dragos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRARAD Bucharest
    Here is the picture, right in the center of the picture, where the hose has that thick protection

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Protection that not a counterweight is it ?

8. Dragos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRARAD Bucharest
    I don't feel any vibrations, from inside the car...in fact is as smooth as before...nothing changed, do you think they missed something when they installed the new hose?
    Thanks

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff mate but keep an eye out fella.