Engine & Gearbox sticky clutch pedal ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ruffneckting, Tuesday 26th Jun, 2012.

1. ruffneckting Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right then hear goes i have a 05 accord CTDI had it about 10 months now but starting to have a problem with the clutch!

what happens is usually in 1st or 2nd gear going slow EG. coming up to roundabouts /junction when i push the pedal down it stays there about an inch up off the floor and stays in gear untill i flick it back up with the top of my foot and it springs back into place then i can push back down and get out of gear. It started about a month ago but was very occasional but over the past couple of days it happens almost constantly on every trip i make but the clutch is feels fine when its working properly (no slipping or noises) .

i have checked and all levels are fine not dropped a bit so im guessing no leaks
    any ideas on what it could be would be most welcome

cheers Alex

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmm my guess is that that is a clutch master cylinder issue.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. ruffneckting Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys will try and go down the cheap route and grease it up to start until i have the funds to do a proper fix i feel a little jinked with cars/vans at the moment
    would you say changing this is something i could do myself or is it best to get ripped off by my local garage?? im not stupid but i aint no mechanic:Aghast: and can do most things myself and have most tools but sometimes its just not worth the pain and struggling

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Personally I don't think greasing it up will help. Stuck clutch pedal tends to mean internal problems with the master cylnder.

If your uncomfortable with doing anything best thing is always to take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Even the Civics have the same problem bud, and Honda approve the greasing of the master cylinder shaft as the first step . If that does not help th only other option is to change it.

Helen car has had two master cylinder changed under warranty.:Aghast: None on mine and it been perfect since day one.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine squeaks a bit so might have a word with HH next time its in for service and see if I can get it changed under warranty.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Alex any updates to what you intend to do ?