Tyres & Wheels Storm Alloys

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Doc, Friday 1st Jun, 2012.

1. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I've got 18 inch storms on my car that have been powder coated. I'm thinking of having them put back to factory original finish.

What finishes did they originally come out the factory with?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's called kaizer sliver there is no colour code for it such. If you get the colour guy to scan the colour he will make an exact colour match.

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Thanks cj, I knew you'd have the answer.

I've been looking at some pics and some seemed silver and others more smoked silver depending on the pic quality so wasn't sure if there was more than 1 finish on them.

Mine have been powder coated black. I've left them like it till now in case I curbed the wheel to offer a little protection but I do like the look of the original finish.

I'm considering lightening the look of my car up a bit, give it more of a euro look, restore the wheels and remove the limo tint on the back windows.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There are two colours for them and a dark sliver , and again they need to be matched and paint made from its composition.

if you are going to powercoat them the choices are limitless, Its a personal thing dude.

5. tiger Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Could you tell me what is the color of this alloy as i want to refurb them , it is on my 07 tourer and as you say there is no color code ... wheel.

Sorry the picture is so small but i think if you click on it , it will get a bit bigger !

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thats correct there isnt a colour code for those wheels, The best way is to get the wheel scanned by a body shop and they will prepare the paint.

It will cost you a pretty penny thou.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    For a good paint shop this should be a fairly simple process. A lot of scratch repair or refurb companies, especially mobile ones, mix paint on site using ur paint code and referring to a 'recipe' book. So a good wheel refurb or paint shop with a scanner should be able to scan and mix your paint. Just depends how much they charge for the pleasure of their service.

My problem is slightly different as mine have already been powder coated gloss black and I want to restore them back to original so I'll need a 5th wheel to scan to get a paint mix.

As Honda don't know the paint code for the wheel is there any way of finding out who manufactured the wheel for them so I can contact them about the paint mix for the wheel?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Spot on regarding the recipe book that is the only creating & matching any colour perfectly.

Honda will know the colour code as its Honda Access Europe or Japan which comes with the styling and colour codes. These are known to European vendors who make the alloys wheels. The reason why is not published as there is no repair procedure defined by Honda for alloy wheels. Honda don’t want wheels to be repaired or refurbished hence no need to release that information.

Simple really

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Honda don't really need to define a repair procedure, an alloys an alloy at the end of the day. If you can't repair or refurb the alloy then I suppose they hope you'll just replace it.

I'll have to see if a refurb company has previously scanned one and has the paint mix on file.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's is what it's is bud ,if there was repair procedure there would be extensive information about it. Keep us posted mate

11. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Yeah exactly. TBH it's exactly what I expected, most manufacturers have the same policy so it not a problem. I would have been more surprised if they did have the info available. I was just looking for the easy way to find the code. :Smile: My wheels are in a fairly good condition at the minute so not desperately looking to get it done. But I do prefer the original finish. So hopefully looking to have it done later this year when funds allow. Will keep you posted if I find somewhere that can match the colour.