Body, Paint & Styling Storm damage to my Tourer - best repair option

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by pauljdh, Tuesday 8th Dec, 2015.

1. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    On Saturday a large piece pf ply blew off a house under construction and hit me on the offside at the A pillar damaging the windscreen, wing and bonnet.....Police involved etc as unfortunately a girl pedestrian was hit by it after my car span it to the nearside pavement! Sounds like she's not too bad.

I am not chuffed

Car is a 2012 EX I-DTEC Tourer auto

I took the car to my local dealer in Derby who sent me to their approved repair centre - it needs a new bonnet, offside wing, screen and a few trim parts.

Im pushing the builders with a vengeance, I have photos witnesses etc to call on and I don't expect them to be able to contest anything, it is negligence.

I want to go down the Honda approved route - genuine parts will be fitted etc.

Are Honda body panels supplied ready painted or in primer? Im hoping they're primed as I find the Honda paint very thing and would prefer to have some nice paint locally.
    Ill need a hire care too - guess thats something I require from the Builders insurers?

I am looking to, it it is sensible to not involve my insurance - for no other reason than I don't want my policy marked as having a claim (even though it'll be a no fault, no blame one) - is that sensible or should I work with them in case there are issues?

Be glad to hear from anyone whose been thru a similar process.

Cheers

2. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Seems like builders are liable.
    Get you insurance to deal with it, and save yourself a lot of hassle. Builders can be a dodgy lot at the best of times (not all thou).
    You have to declare the incident anyway, even if you don't go thru the insurance.

just my thoughts

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Agree, let the insurance deal with it and save you the hassle. Should be easier to secure a hire car also.

hondream likes this.
  4. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Can of worms comes to mind, inform your insurers, with the whole story including the girl, and the fact police are involved, some of these straight cut happenings have a way of going bent.

hondream likes this.
  5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Several years ago my Accord was hit in a car park and the driver said they would pay for repairs by cash. However when I got a quote that said it was too much! So informed insurance company and went to there approved repairs and was given a courtesy Micra (what a joke).
    However, when in Honda for the quote they would have hired a comparable car if they did not have an Accord demonstrator in at the time and charged it to the other party. Just my opinion.

6. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A second class drive is better than a first class WALK!!

7. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi John
    I'll take a first class walk thanks, and when your partners son is 6ft 7 there is not room in the rear. Getting back on track any update on repair?

8. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    I've notified my insurers for information etc and have two quotes submitted, both same order of magnitude, now waiting on liability being determined etc, gonna be well into new year I guess....

9. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hope it gets sort to your satisfaction.

10. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ask for a sunroof, or let him do the walking. LOL