Introductions Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by copytron, Friday 29th Jul, 2016.

1. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin
    Greetings from Ireland!
    Have my FR-V since last year, I really like the car design but have had a few problems that i never expected from a Honda. Maybe its a dirtbox but I still like it. Anyway that's the craic...

IMG_5719.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @copytron and welcome to HondaKarma.
    What issues are you having with the FR-V?? We have plenty of very active FRVs around here so let us know and we will try and help as best as we can.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @copytron
    Great to see your BE5 in the Club Garage and that's a smashing avatar:likeit:

copytron likes this.
  4. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin
    Hi guys,

Have had problems with vibration in steering which never fully goes away even after four wheel balance, DMF had to be changed, I had leak in intercooler and I'll have to do drop links again soon. I really like the car but I guess it might be a bit of a lemon. I do all the work myself and don't mind but its going past a hobby.

Thanks for the welcome

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you had the driveshafts checked out.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @copytron :welcome:

What's the mileage on the FR-V? It looks great btw. Did it come with a full Honda Service History?

7. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin
    H
    Hi SpeedyGee,

I have they said its all good BUT I must stress that I have yet to find a decent mechanic in Dublin that I have any real trust in and they always claim "unusual car, never really worked on, blah blah..." so at this stage I just want to eliminate this vibration issue as although it's mild it makes me emotional which is unusual for a Vulcan.

At this stage, I'm thinking of replacing inner CV joints. Might make a nice first DIY post if I don't make a flute of it! :crazyeyes:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi FirstHonda,

115000miles (I've put on 15000miles) and yes full service. Its UK car I imported as its pretty much impossible to get an EX diesel model in Republic. I really the like car so I would like to get it right and keep for few years. Just get that steering shake out and I'd be happy enough. Balls

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members