Service & Maintenance Strange Aux belt and air filter

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by jd1959, Friday 27th Feb, 2015.

1. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Howdy, the Aux belt in the RG1 looks to need changing soon. Problem is its listed as 7PK1776L (56992-RTA-003) which is nowhere to be found and Honda is looking for over 70euro to get in. I found a 7PK1775 which I can get in, but can any parts guru tell me if the 'L' designation matters, I don't think the 1mm in length will make a difference.

Other bit of obnoxious part is the air filter (17220-RTA-000) again not listed anywhere other than (Air Filter JS A885J which I would need to import not sure of quality, happy to have comments on anyone who has actually used or seen this brand. To make it worth while I'd need to put in a largish order of spares to save anything. Again Honda looking for 55euro to get in, I'd consider changing the whole intake but it has a lovely sound to it already and there is an airflow meter in the box which would need to be worked around.

Any thoughts? I like OEM but for those parts at those prices spurious would be the way forward if they can be found.

Thanks for any input.

Zack

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Aux belts are generally quite generic so you should be able source one of the right width and length.

3. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Just to help any other RG1 StepWgn owners that may run across this the 7PK1775 fits grand. Still searching on the air filter.