Electrical & Lights strange button

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Tuesday 27th Nov, 2012.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Can anyone help me, went to view a 2.4 2010 EX Auto today, and being a 2.0 2008 EX Auto driver I thought I knew what every switch and button did, but on the 2.4, where mine has the button to turn of the Alarm detection, just to the right of the steering wheel, there it had the button split in 2 with the lower button looking like some sort of hill descent control. I asked the salesman and he wasn't sure either. Anyone know what option this is?? for info he told me it had some addon pack, not sure which, but it had the body side protection moldings, 18" Delta alloys, mud guards, alloy sill garnishes, oh, and this button.....

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which one out of these would you like to know about ?
    IMG_0585.

3. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    bottom left if you don't mind

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's for when your car is being toed I think.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup Jace is right it is button for the Tilt Sensor.

It detects up and down movement to protect the vehicle from intrusion and towing. The alarm on the car can be set off on these conditions.

• When the car is moved in a train or a ferry.
    • In a automated multiple level garages.
    • When the vehicle is jacked up or lifted for towing.

So in essence you can set the alarm without activating the tilt sensor. To turn the sensor off press the button then remove the key from the ignition you will see the indicator on the button lit. By pressing the button again activates the tilt sensor.

For more info refer to your users manual page 346 , 347. :Wink:

6. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    thanks guys, interesting that the 2008 model dosn't have it but the 2010 model does, was it added to the later cars?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The facelift car I think but need to check with the ADAS boys on the prefacelift were is Saj when you need him. I have a sneaky feeling this was standard on the prefacelift but only on the ADAS cars.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure the manual for my 2009 2.0 EX refers to this button as being on 2.4 EX (and possibly 2.2 I-DTEC) cars only. Will dig it out and check.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj could you take a picture of these buttons to get us out of our misery!

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My manual describes it as the button for the tilt sensor "Where fitted" but doesn't specify any particular grade/engine combination. I double checked and my 2009 2.0EX definitely doesn't have this button, only the button to switch the alarm internal sensors off. DEF sounds like ADAS cars only feature.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would agree it on the ADAS but need conformation I had this error on my dash moving the car a feet and half http://hondakarma.com/threads/2162/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will do, tomorrow. can't find my battery charger.

But FYI, the have in place one big button that is for the sonic alarm activate/deactivation. Happy to be corrected but don't think the saloon comes with that tilt-clart button.