ICE & HFT Streamung bluetooth music

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by chewie169, Friday 3rd Apr, 2015.

1. chewie169 New Member Getting Started

Hi everyone I just traded my Civic Type-R for 2012 Honda Accord ES GT. I have question about the bluetooth. Looks like the handsfree kit is just that and will not accept muaic streamed from my phone.
    My car has a usb and 3.5 jack. My plan is to buy a bluetooth reciver to plug into the 3.5 and usb (to power).

My question is will i still be able to make and recive calla through the head unit with this set up? Is there a better way to do this?

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

All 8th Generation ES GT Accords have Bluetooth. You should be able to stream music from your phone to the car. If you have a call, the system should switch over.
    There are many posts about Bluetooth and music streaming. You can find them via the search function.

You could also have your music on a USB flash drive and your phone connected via Bluetooth.

3. chewie169 New Member Getting Started

Thanks i will do more searching.
    Must be a problem with both my iphone and andriod phone, which both can only do phone calls and not music through the head unit.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Try deleting both phones. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect ant try again.

5. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Hmm, I also thought Bluetooth is only for HFT phone calls and won't stream music.

I once asked that question and was told it cannot do it. Can't find any other threads though?

ICE & HFT - Music via Bluetooth - possible?

coops likes this.
  6. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    I believe you are right. My understanding is gen 8 Accords do not have A2DP support, and this is needed to enable media streaming over bluetooth.

I understand that you can purchase aftermarket modules specifically for A2DP support but I am not sure how closely integrated they might/might not be.

I want media streaming support so that I can use OK google whilst connected to hands free in the car. Without media streaming this doesn't work.

Since the voice recognition/hands free dialing from phone book is so poor in the car's system, I would prefer to rely on using my phone's built in voice recognition which works very well. At the moment, without media streaming support, I can have one but not the other!

7. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    Oops don't want to thread jack. Will start my own

8. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    This works for me. Using iPhone and Chrome, if I go to search and I press the Google voice search function, it switches over to bluetooth and I can speak through the Honda HFT. The voice interpretation is still done by Google. Same goes for Siri. If I say 'Hi Siri', my phone catches it, goes to Siri and listens through HFT.

Also a new feature now included in Google Maps app, the navigation's directions or traffic alerts can be configured to use the 'Bluetooth Phone Call' mode. While in navigation mode, slick on settings (...), Navigation Settings, enable Play voice over Bluetooth, and then Play as Bluetooth phone call. This worked really well during my last few trips. It may be seen as an overkill to use Honda's SatNav and TMC, as well as Google's navigation and traffic alerts at the same time, but in heavy traffic and on a really bad day (multiple events on M5 as well as London, just being the usual gridlocked city), this has worked really well and helped me avoid few significant delays.

Nels likes this.