Off-Topic Stuck half way into the garage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MikeM-271048, Thursday 11th Feb, 2016.

1. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Finally worked out how to get photos off my phone onto the computer, but now can't find out WTF the engine code is. The FAQ answer says it's in the VIN, but 30 minutes solid googling has failed to find which bit of the VIN on a CR-V indicates the engine code. All the wiki articles on Honda cars are too US-centric. As though there were no Honda enthusiasts in Europe!
    My CR-V has the 160bhp I-DTEC engine, and the VIN code is SHSRE6890FU507166.
    Can someone help, then I can get the car into the club garage after only 6 months!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I-DTEC engine code is N22B
    - - - Updated - - -
    Chassis code RE6

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Thanks! Car now safely in garage!

FirstHonda and legend-ary like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Nice bit of parking Mike :Smile:

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Looks fantastic. I think white is making a big comeback as with modern shapes it goes quite well.

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Well, it had just been for a wash! It's dry most of the year here, so while it collects speckles of diesel exhaust around the tailgate, the body stays reasonably clean after a wax. But when it rains, the splash from the road makes it look awful.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^The only problem is that both of my neighbours - either side - have two white cars each now as well as my CR-V in the middle. I preferred it when I hardly saw any!

One side is two new Nissans (which is ok) but the other side is a VW Golf GTi and a BMW 3-Series...:Ermm: Such a shame, as they are really nice people otherwise :lol:

legend-ary likes this.
  8. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    I have discovered today that I put in the wrong engine code when I parked. The AWD version of the diesel facelift should, it seems, have N16A4 as its code. I confirmed the code by reference to spares suppliers in Germany and Holland, although wikipedia continues to be silent on this engine.

Anyone got a theory on how I can edit the entry?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

10. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    yes, thanks, half asleep the first time I tried to find an "Edit" button to relate to the vehicle. Still a little surprised someone more technical than me hasn't written up this engine on the wiki site.