Electrical & Lights Stupid question about headlights

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by davemazo, Saturday 6th Oct, 2012.

1. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have decided to revert back to OEM lighting and remove my HID`s. Trouble is, there are two wires to connect to the bulb and only one terminal on the H1 bulb. I`m assuming red goes to the bulb and black needs to be connected to earth but for the life of me I can`t remember or find where the earth terminal is. Does anybody have any idea.

2. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its ok peeps I`ve managed to find it but I can`t believe its taken me nearly 4 hours just to change a pair of flippin light bulbs :Angry:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How come you reverting back to normal bulbs mate ?

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was reverting back in anticipation of changing the car for one thing but mainly someone here in another thread had mentioned that Aviva won`t pay out if non OEM HIDs are fitted. Also I`ve heard here and elsewhere that the police can be a bit awkward depending on their mood. So far I`ve had no trouble with the MOT but if in future I need to take it somewhere else then there could be a problem.

Just one more thing now to put back to stock.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Are you still going to use upgraded bulbs?

6. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep Dave prob me.

I was pulled in my Audi I hada 6k conversion it and had to remove it.

I also checked with Aviva at my recent renewal re them covering my car with these fitted and they were quite clear No..

Shame as they are a great cheap improvement on stock and set correctly shouldn't cause other road users any problems but I wouldn't run the risk. I am now with AXA who seem quite ok however they also say they are ilegal for road us and so will not cover.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    After my disastrous MOT result last year I will not be putting aftermarket headlight bulbs on my car.