ICE & HFT Sub woofer location

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Saturday 27th Sep, 2014.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I've been trying to figure out where the stock sub goes on my tourer. Am I right in thinking it goes in the pocket opposite the first aid kit in the boot?

2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Yep, it's on the right as you look in the boot.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks

Just need to find one now

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    PS I've found loads of brackets and speakers but no covers. This makes me think do I need only the speaker cover or do I also need a 'new' right hand side of the boot area as well?

Thinking of the speaker, can I buy the bracket and fit any 20cm sub? I've also noticed on the Lings website an amp shown somewhere on the cars with the premium stereo fitted. I'm assuming I also need this so how do I see if I have one?

Thanks - Ben

5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Been looking at subs and amps on ebay etc (genuine) and can't figure out for the life of me where the amp is supposed to fit - any ideas?

I'd like to check if I've got one before I even think about buying one although I think only the premium stereo cars had them from new.

Also will I need a new boot side panel or can I use my existing one with a new speaker cover?

Thanks - Ben

6. kw101uk New Member Getting Started

Pretty sure the amp goes underneath the centre console (underneath the satnav dvd drive). At least that's where it is in the hatchback

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks

I guess that means I need at least to remove the pop open cubby hole to make it fit. Do you know it the sub / amp will work without the sat nav type head unit being also fitted?

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    On the Saloon the ECU is under the Sat Nav drive (and back a little further), there's no external amp at all AFAIK, I think it's just part of the head unit - but I could be wrong.

The saloon premium audio has rear 6x9s on the parcel shelf for the bass and no stock subwoofer option at all.

9. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    OK thanks for the info

Makes me wonder though if the sub was an option on my Type-S or not then.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It likely was as the Premium Audio and Sat Nav were options on all Type-S, I'm on the tablet at the moment but you should be able to find out for sure in the brochures, just search in this section :Smile:

11. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I'm on my phone right now but will have a gander

12. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Right finally got the Lings website to work and can see that it was indeed an option on the Type-S. What the site is unable to site is if I already have the amp fitted as standard or if it too is an extra.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You can ring up a dealer and give them your VIN to see if there's a work order logged for optional extras before it was given to the original customer (I'm not sure if that goes on your dealer history or not, but most work is) :Smile: