ICE & HFT Subwoofer for Saloon Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Sphinx, Wednesday 8th Jun, 2016.

1. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I was thinking of adding more bass into my car (has the sat nav).

So was thinking of replacing the rear 6x9 with something else.

Anyone on here tried it and does it sound any better?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @chris2982 is your man I am sure he can advise.

chris2982 likes this.
  3. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    I'm using the Inphase USW10 inside my spare wheel. Wasn't bought for the Accord, was originally from my Civic where the bass was awful. If I didn't have it lying around I probably wouldn't have changed the standard set up as the bass in the standard setup isn't all that bad.

It depends on what you're after. The USW10 adds a bit, but it won't rattle windows down the street. As there is no RCA out from the standard stereo you're also restricted by the speaker signals coming out as it seems to fade once the volume reaches 11-12.

Original 6x9s are pioneer and seem to be of decent build. Others have tried changing 6x9s with 'success' but I'm a bit sceptical as I personally don't believe it would offer significant improvement and I believe most will justify their outlay rather than admit to their spending and effort being pointless.

Would I recommend my USW10 setup? On balance I'd probably say no. I don't think it offers that much more than standard to justify the outlay and effort.
    - - - Updated - - -
    That said the Inphase is certainly better than the other under seat options e.g. Kenwood & Pioneer which are all less power

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    if you are wanting to keep the standard head unit , it would be worth looking at a decent hi-low convertor to run front the rear channels. single sub and mono amp.
    loads of possibilities. .
    if you give me an idea of what sort of budget you have I can look at putting a package together for you.

5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

6. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. Thanks for the info. The plan was just to swap out the 6x9 with something better and hopefully punch a little more bass as I would like to retain the boot space.

Do you sell a sub woofer type speaker that just fits in a 6x9 hole, then maybe I can just run a low pass filter thru them?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Budget is around £75 or so.

7. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

will be better just looking at a decent replacement speakers for the rear..
    I am in the shop tomorrow so will have a look into what is available that may suit you.

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

@Sphinx ,, what size speakers are in the front??
    and are the 6x9s standard

9. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If you've got the satnav system... then shouldn't you already have a subwoofer in the boot?

Part of the premium sound system includes a rear sub, it's on the right side... in the spot that's occupied by the first aid kit on the left side.

10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    That sub is labeled as premium sound system so maybe not standard?

I think that if you have the correct head unit and anp fitted from honda it will work as the wiring is already there

11. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought the saloon doesn't come with the sub - only the tourer did.

I think the fronts are 16/17cm - but will have to double check. Part number is Pionner TS-06534
    The rears - will try and get the grill off if they are standard.

Haven't got the car today - put here are some pics I took earlier. On the face of it - it looks standard? There is seems a black metal bracket in the middle - no idea what that is for. (doesn't relate the 3rd brake light either).

20160608_080330.
    20160608_080304.
    20160608_080336.

12. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

13. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe if I remove the bracket - disconnect the current 6x9 and do something like this?

2011-Suzuki-Kizashi-Sport-AWD-subwoofer.

14. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

haha,, I just sent you a message for something similar...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Nuclear GZNW 6.5

or something similar

:Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    and it just so happens I have a pair of gladen rs line 8" subs from a cancelled job. :Wink:

20160609_124206.

15. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    The Premium Sound system on the saloon and Tourer both have the same arrangement, they both have a 7th (large) speaker in the back (in the shelf on the Saloon, in the side-panel on the Tourer) and they both have the same separate 7-output power-amp.

Tourer
    B__1600.

Heckler likes this.
  16. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    Saloon is different from the Tourer, instead it has 2 6x9 bass speakers on the shelf

17. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

but there's no separate amp for the bass in the Tourer, it's same amp arrangement in both cars (not sure if the amp in the saloon has 8 outputs instead of 7, or are the shelf speaker wired in parallel)

18. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

part numbers are different for the amp.

Saloon : 39186SEA013
    Tourer : 39186SED013

Not sure what the differences are.

19. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

SED = saloon, SEA = Tourer LOL

those diagrams are annoying, they show the antenna cable but not the speaker cables

anyway, I was wondering if there's a simple solution for a sub in a 7th Generation that has the single-CD "integrated" head/amp unit ....where to take the output from ....the single-CD system only has the 4 power-output channels, so no apparent way to wire in a sub unit to power sub speakers

\/ ....as below LOL

20. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Do I need an amp to run my sub combined with my single cd head unit? I'm guessing that I probably need the 6 cd head unit?

I've already got a sub with wiring in place from the factory but no power between head unit and sub