subwoofer installation

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by fr-v2007, Thursday 14th Jan, 2016.

1. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom saleem huddersfield
    hi guys i have a FR-V 2007 diesel, and have just installed a pioneer f970 dab unit with the guide of this forum, so would firstly like to say thank you.

My issue is i am now installing a small active subwoofer in the boot, i have experience of installing in a Civic EP3 i however have never installed on an FR-V, i cannot seem to find a way through the firewall. any photos or guides would be greatly appreciated.

many thanx in advance

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On the nearside of the bulkhead just to the right of (looking from in front of car towards the bulkhead) and slightly lower than where the heater pipes go in, there is really big grommet within which all of the wire go through.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Can you see this thick trunking that I've circled in red .. this trunking goes inside the cabin via a big grommet, you can pierce the outside of the grommet and push the heavy gauge cable through it.

86777_IMG_20150726_151900.

legend-ary and Bones126 like this.
  3. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi speedygee. many thanx for the response, i have been trying to go through a grommet i think that is lower than this, the one i have been trying to go through appears to come out behind the glovebox but has like a white circular clip around it which won't shift. is that th e same grommett you are talking about . or does the grommet you are refferring to go under the scuttle panel

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Sounds like it's kinda the same thing, that white plastic thing shouldn't be totally solid, so you should be able to get a wire to go through it.

5. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it seems the loom you are refferrring to is higher up than the one i tried il see if it is when i get home , if i get no joy il ulpload photos so we can see if its the same thing and go from there if thats ok

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Sure.

In the meantime I'm going to tag @chris2982 to see if he can offer any advice.

7. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

many thanx
    - - - Updated - - -
    @SpeedyGee on a separate note any advice on steering control integration for this car too? cannot seem to find a steering interface that fits i have tried the CTSHO001.2 Interface but the power/speaker plug doesnt fit and nor does the steering control plug.

many thanx

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Will have a word with my brother tomorrow about the power cable..
    As for the steering wheel controls . I have tied everywhere with no success so if you do find a way please let me know.

Chris.

10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hope this helps ..

Was a bit of a pain. . Went through the grommet at th bottom of the passenger footwell.
    Had to take the front left wheel off and feed the cable through the box section and fed up to the battery.

20160107_152711.

11. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanx for the reply @chris2982 , i managed tosort it , went through the grommet i mentioned above , got it through eventually, what a pain though!!!!, just anothe rquick question were you able to sort steering wheel controls with your aftermarket unit

12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

no joy with steering wheel control. .
    if you do find an adapter that works please let me know .. could do with having mine

13. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

What size cable did you use ??

14. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi i used 4 gauge was jus for a slim active subwoofer by oe audio , was prob overkill. but iv kind of future proofed it for a a potential upgrade later on, it seems ridiculous that no one makes or can find a steering interface lead, a guy on here who created the thread on how to install a double din unit said he had got his audio shop to do it, but stopped short of part numbers etc
    - - - Updated - - -
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/diy-dash-removal-to-get-at-my-double-din-radio.6942/live?page=1

this is the thread im referring to

15. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

I used oversized 0 gauge .. Was a right pain to get through. . .
    Well at least it looked like it was. . . I was just watching with a cuppa :Smile:

Someone on here did modify a harness to work based in the connects2 one.. Have tagged him in his post the other day asking how he done it.
    Hopefully he can shed a bit of light for us.

16. fr-v2007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah OK many thanks