Electrical & Lights Subwoofer present, but very low sound.

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by agadza, Monday 2nd Nov, 2015.

1. agadza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Agadza London
    Dear All,
    I have an issue that has continued to puzzle me - when I first got my 08 EX CR-V, I was very disappointed at the sound quality, coming from a 2nd generation CR-V to this third generation one. I realised the subwoofer, which was under the passenger seat, was working but very faint. You had to put your head in the passenger footwell to even hear it.
    Eventually, I installed an aftermarket subwoofer.
    I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they went about resolving it.
    Thanks in advance

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you checked the fader and tone settings to see if all is the neutral state.?

3. agadza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Ichiban,
    Please find settings on headunit attached. the subwoofer volume is turned to the max.

041.JPG 043.JPG 046.JPG 047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015
  4. JayBenny New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Jason Clevedon
    After having a Bose unit in my last car (that blew up) I find the ICE in the CR-V to be very disappointing:Frown:

5. agadza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I couldn't agree with you more, JayBenny. I put an aftermarket stereo in my last CR-V (2nd Generation) and the sound was amazing! I thought I wouldn't need to do much with the 3rd Generation one as it came with a subwoofer, but have been sorely disappointed. There is next to no bass reproduction, even with the subwoofer turned to the max. Simply ruins the enjoyment of what is quite a brilliant car, to be honest.

JayBenny likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you'll find that will all OEM ICE systems. To get a proper decent sound unfortunately you do have to go aftermarket.