ICE & HFT Subwoofer??

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by stratos, Wednesday 9th Jul, 2014.

1. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    How good is the subwoofer in the boot of the tourer??
    I have a 2008 (57 plate) EX with Sat nav and I'm not convinced with the Premium Sound System and especially the sub in the boot.
    With the music set loud and playing a track that I know contain decent bass, I can only just hear the speaker working but only if I put my ear to it.

2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I have the pre-facelift tourer with the premium sound system and I would say it's the best standard system I have ever had in a car, great sound with plenty of bass

3. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    Everyone seems to say it's good but mine just isn't, need to hear a good one to know what it's meant to sound like.
    Like I say, I have to have the music loud and then I have to sit in the boot with my ear to the sub just to hear if it works - which is just a whisper!!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    My '07s "Premium Sound" system has a ton more clarity than my '03 did, however it's distinctly lacking bass, I get completely where you're coming from. You can replace the rear parcel shelf 6x9s easily enough, but you're still going to be limited by the stock head units under-whelming built-in amplifier. You could amp up a rear subwoofer and tap the 6x9s feed.

The alternative of getting into replacing/bypassing the stock head unit is a little messy - but can be done.

5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Maybe you have a problem then, either amplifier or speaker, next time I'm out I'll take a listen to mine, also remember reading a similar thread on here before, just had a search but can't find it, IIRC the person was concerned about the lack of output from his sub but he was expecting the full range of music to come from the speaker rather than just the bass that actually should.

6. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    Forgot to say I have a tourer and yes, I'm only expecting a bassy thump to help the speakers. Will not change the head as I have the Sat Nav, HFT unit.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd recommend replacing the stock parcel shelf 6x9s and trying to best utilise the speaker bias options on the head unit to get it sounding to your liking.

8. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    No parcel shelf

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Apologies, I'm going off the saloon. If someone can confirm the boot speaker size for the Tourer, the same still applies.

10. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    won't get chance to check mine, but looking on the parts page says 20cm for the sub in the boot.