General Success

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Thursday 31st Oct, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I was having problems accessing here, but wuith the help of CJ I am back on.

Many thanks.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I can wipe that off my work list for tomorrow then lol! Glad to hear CJ got you sorted.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Glad you are back on mate, I think I need to do a thread because our IP address has changed due to the server move, and some lazy DNS are not updating.

This could be an issue why some members haven't showed up.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've got a clever little idea we could look at tomorrow regarding it all mate.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am having problems daily.
    It will work fine and then it won't let me access forum until I clean all cookies cache etc and restart my phone.
    It's been going on since last weekend.Rather annoying I have to restart my phone everytime I want to view forum.
    Speedy explained this is down to my phone possibly because it's hard to clean DNS cache on phone.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is what I get every time.

Screenshot_2013-10-29-14-47-43.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I agree with Speedy but I'll force a cookie refresh for everyone tomorrow too, that should stop a clash with any legacy data.

As for DNS, the two physical nameservers both only reference the new IP, the old nameserver left is announcing the new nameserver address in order to try and push people over who are having caching issues, the DNS expiry is set at 3 days, some devices may be following this instead of the 1 hour refresh interval that's set for the move which they should be.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well guys a mass email to all our members is on its way to get members back on the forum after the change. It lists all the instructions to test and get back on the forum easily.

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    There may be a problem here: when I click on General Discussion it just takes me back to the Forum. To get here I clicked on CJ's post "Success" and arrived at this thread.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^
    Same here.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sorry I somehow missed this post earlier, can you guys both try again for me please? Also let me know what happens when you follow this link?

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Followed that link and got back to the Forums. Only got here by clicking on your post. It's now the same on Off Topic which was fine when I posted on there this morning.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi DD
    Its fine now but am having same thing with Off topic section.
    Clicking on it just takes me to forum page.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Strangely enough, I'm now getting the issue on Off-Topic as well but not General Discussion.

Update: It seems the issue is due to caching an older section with the same name. I've slightly altered the names and all appears to be working fine here.

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All good here now.:GoodJob:
    Thanks DD:king:

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

No worries mate :Thumbup:

17. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Success, it's now fine.