General SUNDAY AT THE WORKSHOP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HondaHeritage, Sunday 19th Jun, 2016.

1. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    up until late last year i used to open up the workshop for purely working on my hondas and have honda enthusiast friends drop over
    a great social day of tea and coffee and helping each other with work on our cars
    after a hectic start to this year I've now started to get round to my sundays working on honda stuff and this sunday kicked off with a friend of mine turning up with his new toy a rather nice original unmolested Civic Type-R EP3
    my friend colin lives in kent and we have been looking for a Type-R for a while ,eventually we found one in huddersfield the closest in the country to kent with low mileage and in our price range !!
    thanks to CJ a quick call to him and he was off in a flash to give the car a once over as it was only 25 miles down the road from him !
    with a thumbs up from cj a haggle on the price colin booked his ticket on the train and was rhere in a flash to secure his new aquisistion
    today (sunday) he turn up and this was my first time close up and personal with the EP3 and i must say i was most impressed firstly the look and layout of the car nicely laid out dash unclutered and everything close to hand . incredible roomy with good looking and comfortable sports seats and good all round vision
    on driving it the first thing to impress me was the gearshift tight and snicky with a very positive gear selection
    handling i found precised and agile with firm suspension but a suprisingly smooth ride !
    finally the power , well not what i expected so much quicker than i imagined and on top of that the lunacy of the VTEC kicking in at 6000rpm i truely think this little car should be treated with respect in the wrong hands its an accident waiting to happen !
    straight out the box standard this is a real little pocket rocket !!! i want one :Grin:
    colin,s car is a nice example after a quick overall inspection, sure it needs the odd thing here and there doing and with a few signs of light paint fade small blow on the exhaust a great car for a 14 year old which i feel will only increase in value

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 001.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 002.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 003.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 004.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 006.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 010.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 012.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 015.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 018.JPG

i did not do under bonnet shots as its well grubby but the car should be coming back next sunday when i shall start doing the under bonnet detailing

a couple of new additions this week to the collection and had a bit of time to start cleaning them up

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 020.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 021.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 022.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 024.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 025.JPG

NEW SUNDAY AT MY WORKSHOP 027.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sunday 19th Jun, 2016
    exec, Ichiban and legend-ary like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Very very nice. I feel EP3 was the last of the light weight Type-R screamer and what a machine. This one looks to be a very nice example...plus it's Red!!!!

exec and HondaHeritage like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    EP3's a real fun pocket rockets, really miss mine :Sobbing:

You've got an ever growing collection of Honda stuff which is great to see. I like the big signs.

exec, legend-ary and HondaHeritage like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That my sign !! That EP3 was so bone stock and unmolested it was a great car. I wish I could have bought it personally glad I helped out Colin it a fab car in good condition he bought a really cheap EP3 for its age and condition.

exec and HondaHeritage like this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I wouldn't mind an EP3 has a cheap Type-R machine, but they fell into barryboy hands some time ago and there are so many shoddy examples out there as a result. Prices are creeping up so the should go off the barry boy hands.

Ichiban likes this.