General Sunroof electric motor.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulchilds, Saturday 21st Apr, 2012.

1. paulchilds Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 2004 Honda Tourer executive with the standard sunroof. For some reason it will not wind open, it will, however, go forward and up. When I select open I just get a click from the motor, this would suggest that the motor is faulty. I have managed to source a second hand one and am thinking of replacing it. Looking at the job this will involve taking out the roof lining to gain access, can any member give me advice on the best way to do this and is this a commen fault?

Regards

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Push the sunroof button in and see what happens ,if it goes up and forward the motor is working bud.

This has happened before so you are not the first one not to push the button.:Wink:

3. paulchilds Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've tried that and it still isn't working. The motor is clicking which would indicate the switch is ok.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is strange , never heard a sunroof fail on Accord could be the first instance. To get to the sunroof you have to remove the roof lining which is painless but keeping it clean is a challenge. I doubt it will be the motor or the switch personally but dirt and grit which is causing the frame to stick.

5. paulchilds Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like it's a relay, just waiting for a new one to arrive in the post.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    relay that is plausible but would investigate what caused that relay to pop have a look attest fuses to see the correct rating is inserted for that circuit. :Thumbup:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds