Electrical & Lights sunroof operation

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Monday 6th Apr, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Guys am I missing something here with the sunroof; basically today is the first time I've used opened since I've owned the car, what I find is that when I tilt it up by pushing the button in the roof lining upwards, it tilts up no problem but for the return it appears you have to slide the switch backwards and as it drops it then seems to slide open and then have to slide the switch forwards again to get it to settle in the closed position, seems to be no way to just drop it from tilt without it sliding back etc. if that makes any sense!!
    Cheers Pete
    - - - Updated - - -
    Forgot to say I also notice the rear of the sunroof seems to sit a little lower at the rear than it does at the front when it's in the closed position, maybe typical of these roofs?
    Cheers Pete

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My mind's just gone blank, but I thought to close from the tilt position, push the switch forward.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've was scratching my head too but I think @Nels is right, forward to close from tilt position IIRC.

4. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Oh ! may have an issue with mine then as I tried that, only way it would close by moving the switch forward was when closing it after having slid it back rather than the tilt action.
    Cheers Pete

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Had a fiddle with the sunroof switch today and just by exercising the thing it now appears when tilted open pushing the button forward now closes it !! bizarre! need to keep an eye it though I think, other thing I noticed with the car that with the Auto climate control on and dual zone selected , the missus turned the passenger side temp' down from 22 to 20 degs and I suddenly noticed the recirculation light had come on whereas I'm sure that was off before she turned the temp' down, is that normal behaviour?
    Cheers Pete

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Re-circulation should cut in and out when climate control is set to auto. Selecting a lower temperature could have triggered this to reduce to 20C from 22C.

7. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks for that mate

8. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    The Sunroof can tilt up?? Mine only slides forward and back. May have found the only electrical fault on my Accord!

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

From the closed position if you push the button upwards the back of the sunroof should slide up.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Tilt and slide sunroof is standard on the EX.
    IIRC, to tilt the sunroof, push the button up from the closed position.

11. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Do you mean push the button up as in push towards the roof or towards the back of the car?

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Upwards to tilt open and the forwards to close it

13. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    You know how tempting it is to go home from work right now just to see if I have just been using the switch wrong. This really bugs me! I would honestly be surprised if it was broken, everything else works so impeccably well!

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You have my permission to go home and try it :Grin:

15. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Thanks Boss :Smile:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  16. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Well it was indeed me at fault not the car, works perfectly!

Also @Old Cruiser mine also sits slightly below the roof seal when closed, pretty sure its normal.

Works a dream:
    DSC_1718.JPG

Duc de Pommfrit and Nels like this.
  17. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Glad to hear yours is ok, probably is normal with the sunroof as you say mate, I take it yours is lower at rear of the sunroof as mine is?
    Cheers Pete

18. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Yes, the rear part of the sunroof 'parks' a millimetre or 2 lower than it looks like it should. The front seats slightly higher.

I had a cheeky look at another Accord in a carpark and it is the same.

19. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Yeah that's it about a couple of mm at the rear, disgrace on Honda's part eh!LOL
    Cheers Pete

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

They probably had a good engineering reason for it :Grin: