Off-Topic super glue

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by candobill, Tuesday 26th Nov, 2013.

1. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hi all, has anyone ever had to remove super glue from a car lock/door paintwork ? my mate had his hit and I got some off but seen some removers advertised, was wondering if they are any help ?:Unknown:
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Normally I would say try nail polish remover but that may damage the paint work ?

You could try very hot water.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Never had to remove super glue but did remove somebody else paint of my car with some white spirit.
  4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get superglue remover. It's the only way you are going to remove it.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Goo Gone is brilliant, but like the Acetone like Speedy suggested, no idea on how it might affect the paint work.

Petroleum Jelly can be used to carefully rub off sticky substances too. It'll take a minute or two.
  6. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

have ordered superglue remover but will try it out on something painted before I use it on car as it does not say safe on paintwork. will let you know when I used it :Unknown:
  7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

tried the super glue remover on a painted surface today worked a treat after a couple of doses(everbuild, superglue de-bonder) :Happy:
    DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's brilliant, was the paint not affected in any way. I'd at least expect some of the metallic gloss to disappear.
  9. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I have used it on a chocolate tin and it is fine no paint loss or fading :GoodJob: