Suspension, Steering and Brakes Suspension

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jostree, Friday 7th Aug, 2015.

1. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    How do I know if the suspension of my honda accord is adjustable?
    When I bought the car it came with a very low suspension and I wonder if it is possible to raise a little.
    Thank´s.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Google "coilovers" and you'll see what to look for.

3. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I´m going to change the rear shock absorbers .Can any one give a advice about a brand to buy I would like to stay with a comfortable suspension.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The stock suspension won't be adjustable, you could try fitting higher springs to raise it a bit. I think any standard shock absorbers will be comfortable by default, not sure on brands apart from the expensive ones but then I would just go with genuine OEM shocks, you can't get any better than them, they will be Showa, best in business and last forever.

5. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I will maintain the springs I´m just changing the shock absorbers I think it are no good and the front too but one at a time.

6. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Bilstein B4 might be what your looking for , for reasonable cost. Showa are OEM and extremely tough but also possibly v expensive.

exec likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was going to suggest Bilstein myself along with Monroe as well.

8. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I did change not only the rear but also the front shock absorbers. my suspension it´s not adjustable it´s from the Type-R.
    The shocks in the front were in bad condition but the rear one´s were complete dead.

exec likes this.
  9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not so good mate, I am sure if the rear shock absorbers where totally dead, then it would make the car very bouncy to drive indeed as it would only be relying on the springs.

Good job on replacing them though.

exec likes this.
  10. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I think the previous owner never change the rear shocks, because when i take them off the "rubber stopper" in the shocks had disappeared.

exec likes this.