Off-Topic Suzuki Splash

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Sunday 14th Sep, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    What do you guys think of the Suzuki Splash? The salesman was trying to say you get just as much car for your money as a new Jazz but at almost half the price which I massively disagree with but looking at the Splash in its own right it doesn't seem too bad a car for the money. A bit harsh in the back but feels much better finished than something like the Aygo.

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Isn't the Splash the same as a Vauxhall something or other?

Suzuki have always looked ok to me - got to love a company that launches a 2.4 litre petrol 4x4 saloon in this day and age...the Kizashi, although they appear to have dropped it now.

Quite tempted actually - just look at what you get for your money!! There is a 50 mile, nearly new, for only £15,995 (the link won't take you to the actual car, just to the locator, grrrr).

Used Car Locator — Suzuki Cars UK

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gf's got a Swift had it 7yrs now from new never gone wrong and it's not falling apart either.

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    The Splash is a dreadful Vx box. The Swift is a decent car, fancied a Sport when the Mrs changed a few months a go.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I like Suzuki Swift's, a close friend swears by them and he hasn't ever had an issue. The newer shape models look hideous (as I always point out to him), but those old style late 90s 1L models were a bundle of fun and frickin' fast. @Ichiban will tell you all about their known issues mind.

I think the Splash looks alright compared to many of the competitor models, interior isn't exactly inspiring though. I'd imagine it's quite a safe bet.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I did try and push the Swift but she thinks the driving position is too low for her and wants to sit higher. She also doesn't like what she calls the train effect when looking behind and reversing. Honestly, it's frustrating as hell watching good cars being passed up (Jazz, Swift etc) because of less important reasons but her choice at the end of the day and her money.

The Splash does look ok and I guess at under £8k for brand new it's pretty well built inside but does feel cheap on the road compared to a Jazz.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Have to be honest and say, from what I've seen, it would probably also be worth looking at Kia and Hyundai for a small car.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I forgot to mention another and probably the most important factor, image! Lol You know what women are like.... colour, looks.............. how it drives and then reliability. In that order lol

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Would love a Swift Sport, the Splash sport looks cheap, no way will it be on par iwth the Jazz.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Managed to talk her out of a Splash and into a Swift or something a little more substantial.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Push her to get a CR-Z :Laughing:

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A CR-Z would certainly tick the "cool" box...:Grin:

13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'd need to check out the prices

14. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Didn't know anything about the Splash until I followed one on the trip home tonight. Like the extra height. But, I have a soft spot for the Jimny - had an LJ80 out in Kenya many years ago...