General Suzuki Swift Sport III vs Civic VII 1.6, what's your choice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brodziu, Monday 19th Aug, 2013.

1. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    Hi guys, what would you recommend as a second car for a wife? car needs to be reliable and not to expensive in use I mean insurance, petrol etc.
    she would be use it as car for shopping or to take my little one somewhere so it would be good to have easy access to the child car seat on the back, I know that SSS is only 3 door, but Civic can be 5 door, but tbh I would take 3 door as it looks better :Wink: what's your thoughts?
    unless you can recommend something other up to £3k ish.
    thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Both are superb little cars Greg , but Civic has better safety than Suzuki. Make sure the cambelt has been changed on the Civic it's ridiculously low interval.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Greg. Let me tell you something which might help you decide. A work colleague of mine had a Swift he had it from new travelling home from work one frosty morning he lost control on black ICE and ended up in a field . What really shocked him was that none of the safety devices activated...... He took this to Suzuki and has since not had another. Just something to think about at least you know with a Civic you will get Honda safety as standard.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well I did want to spell it out but mick has captured the biggest flaw with the light weighed Suzuki. I have worked for Suzuki and the part quality is not fit to be called Japanese. Majority of Suzuki parts are made in the eu and its euro trash.

I have owned a 7th Generation Civic 1.6 ex with all the toys and it was great little car, underpowered but a million time better than the 8th Generation Civic which was plaqued with poor fit and finish and reliability.

5. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    Thanks guys :Niceone:it's really convincing when you saying about safety in Swifts, also from what I've checked 3D Civic has much more space in the boot then swift, I just need to check how easy is to load up little one on the back seat. any tips what to look except cambelt for when checking Civic?

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My wifes got an Ignis sport and owned it for 3 years without any problems. If it had 4 doors she would keep it as for some reason she absolutely loves it. That could just be the hormones though?

7. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    I was thinking about ignis sport, but my wife don't like it, so nope :Wink:

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We've got a 1.3 Swift 57 plate had it from new not a single problem with it and its done just over 51k now. No rattles or anything falling off it either.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Does your partner drive it all the time? give it some beans and drive it in a spirited manner repeatedly it will soon lose its liquid tautness.:Wink:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha she drives harder than me mate!

11. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    right, so far swifts are rejected as they're to small even 5D has really small boot, Civic 3D also won't take a place on my drive as access to the back seats is not that easy as I thought even when front seat is moved forward, 5D is ugly, so I didn't even consider this one :Wink:, checked today few Jazz's and i have another few to see, one of them 54 plate 70k on the clock, 1.4 dsi sport, well see :Wink:

12. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    all right, the choice was made and here she is :Smile:
    jazz.
    Jazz 1.4 sport, 2008 with 43k miles on the clock, bought from Honda dealer FSH, one previous owner, car will be picked up by the end of the week,before that it will get full service, replaced front and rear brake pads, O/S front fog light will be replaced as current was cracked, on top of that 1 year Honda warranty, hopefully I won't need that ;-)

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cracking Cars Jazz, silky smooth your wife will love it.