General SVRS service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhinogolf, Thursday 14th Nov, 2013.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Just had a AB service 3k ago roughly 3wks ago tonight got service reminder come up telling me A25 in 3250 miles which is oil and filter+ Dust&pollen filter, inspect drive belt and replace engine coolant. Obviously i know how the SvRS works but why would the oil need changing after 6250 miles. I know majority of members do change at roughly 6k and i will be changing when doing filters but the service book says 12.5k for oil changes. Is the car clever enough to tell me the oil needs changing again??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Dave this covered in the numerous SvRS thread surrounding this

Was the service code reset correctly by the dealer ? By the looks of it they have turned the SvRS light off but have not manually selected engine oil change. Another human error by a dealer in a hurry to pass the car to the customer.

You need to get back to the dealer ask them to manually select off the list. However if you have been doing a lot of stop and go runs with prolonged idle or towing conditions, then the engine oil condition presets on the SvRS will detect an dirty oil scenario and light up service light which in turn is a severe service schedule.

So without knowing what been selected off at service and your driving patterns SvRS is doing its job as per its parameters.

let me know if you need any other info.

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Well that will be about right as this is now been used as taxi, if i do the work myself do i just reset the SvRS system as normal after. Honda are wanting £230 for the above work, said need car for 4hrs to let engine coolant cool down.
    On a better note car is so much better than the I-CTDI just wished id got the auto the traffic in York these days is unbelievable

Last edited: Thursday 14th Nov, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well if you reset the SvRS light yourself then you are just turning the light off but the countdown in the background is still ticking.

Yeah I was down in York last weekend the 20 mile zone is absolutely ridiculous.. Love the place but as your said the traffic is bedlam.

So I can see why they are trying to slow the speed to get people out of their cars, not to mention the cost of parking in York is well a down right rip off.

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Ichibanaccord: "Well if you reset the SvRS light yourself then you are just turning the light off but the countdown in the background is still ticking."

Hi CJ, are you sure about this? My understanding: if you turn off yourself the SvRS indications, than for those that were shown, the counter is reset. I did this in the past with an Insight and a CR-Z, and the indication was correct afterwards.
    I can't tell by experience because a few months ago I used the MVCI to reset mine (A+B). Now brake fluid is down in 120 days (7).
    Do believe that as you suspected that the indications that show in Rhinogolfs car are OK and correct for his (taxi)driving pattern.

Last edited: Thursday 14th Nov, 2013
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For example on my cars 1st service which was at 9000 miles as the one year had elapsed I did change the engine oil, If the SvRS light was reset to start a 365 day calendar then the SvRS would have flagged up an oil change in a matter of xx days or 2500 miles.

This has not happened on my car because the technician did go into the "EU MAINTENANCE MINDER" in HDS submenu and selected Service reminder item. The path to this in HDS is Adjustment in Gauges> then select> service reminder> Eu Maintenance Minder> then select your service reminder option.

By this you are resting the engine oil change reminder to a fresh counter , you can manually adjust all the alphabets of the SvRS if you have the HDS. What Dave has done has reset the SvRS counter via his gauges not HDS.

Check it out mate when you next time get some time on on the MVCI.:Wink:

7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi CJ, I don't understand the reasoning here. How do you mean you expect SvRS to show 2500 miles or less then 100 days? If you reset the the SvRS light, the counter starts at 30.000 km/730 days for the oil on mine. I took pictures of this. Will post them one of these days.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My understanding is if SvRS light is reset that does not mean the oil or the next service reminders are reset you have to manually select them as indicated..

Ask mate I can stand corrected.