Introductions Switched from Saab to Honda

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Peter Thomas, Wednesday 13th Mar, 2013.

1. Peter Thomas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I've just become a Honda owner for the first time today having said goodbye to my ageing Saab 9000 2.3 turbo auto with 197,000 miles on the clock (probably the most enjoyable car I've ever driven) and acquired an 05 Accord 2.4 Exec Auto Tourer with 58,000 miles. I was hunting for a Saab 95 Estate auto and tried various flavours, mainly diesel, but found them all rather disappointing. By chance on the forecourt at the used car lot in Bristol I spied the Accord and asked to give it a try and was smitten.
    So far I've only driven it home to South Wales from Bristol and am still getting used to all the gadgets and playing with gizmos like cruise control and the auto/semi auto gearbox.
    Goodbye Sally the Saab and hello Henry the Honda.
    It's got a brand new MOT but there was an advisory on the rear discs and pads and I think they'll need attention before too long.
    I also tow a lightweight touring caravan - only to music festivals about four times a year- so will now have to get a tow bar with full electrics fitted.
    Any advice or guidance, or suggestions for places to get things done, in and around Cardiff, Caerphilly, Newport would be welcome.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC, Peter.

Congrats on getting your first Honda. I'm sure Henry will serve you very well indeed :Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Peter,I do feel your pain moving from Saab to Honda.. but you have come to the Saab from Japan!:Thumbup:

The original Saab are clever engineered cars the newer GM one well won't bat an eye lid to burn them..Sad Saab never kept up with the times or responded to the market evolving their model base.

Glad you like your new Accord hope Henry does its duty!

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC Peter
    Enjoy your Honda

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Such a shame about SAAB. I always had a soft spot for the pre-GM ones, especially the original 99 and 900's. Built like tanks and fantastic seats!

Honda engineering should make you feel right at home though...:Thumbup:

6. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome fella. Good choice on the accord :0)

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm a big SAAB fan and seriously dislike GM for being so difficult in the end. I believe the 9-3 later generation was still heavily influenced and modified by SAAB despite GM's specifications being imposed. Such a shame about them though but I think there may still be light at the end of the tunnel :Smile:

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I loved the pre Gm saabs still do. Had a couple of 900 one failure i bought a ng900 badly a reported cavalier nice engine and bloody fast but corning scared the crap out of me until i gifted a brace for bulk head much better then.
    9000 was a lovely car and get the right spek superb motor

9. Ross Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I still own both, a gen 6 Accord and a decidedly pre-GM Saab 900 Turbo 16S. I'm a huge fan of the 900 and 9000 Turbos, seriously capable cars. The NG900, 9-3 and 9-5 weren't even in the same ballpatk. I love the Accord and it's very true that its almost like a Saab from Japan. Bullet proof reliable and superbly built.

SpeedyGee likes this.