Off-Topic switching network provider...O2 vs. EE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Brodziu, Monday 18th Nov, 2013.

1. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    Hi guys, as my phone contract with O2 almost expired I'm just thinking about switching to EE, so far after first talk with O2 they offer me unlimited txt and calls and 1GB data for £47 p/m plus £79 one off payment for iPhone 5s, tbh I can get better deal from carphonewarehouse also staying with O2, but I'm just thinking is it worth switch to EE with theirs 4G, does anyone recently starts with EE or maybe someone just switched from O2 to EE and can compare both networks? just want to say that I'd like to get as much data as possible.appreciate any opinion :Wink:

2. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have recently gone with Virgin for my sim free mobile 'phone. I pay £15 per month for unlimited texts, calls and data.

3. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    this also sounds good, I also started to consider giffgaff after I've read CJ's tread. I'm just concern about their coverage.

4. Bendzior Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got 3 for couple of years now and good coverage + unlimited internet telly happy with it £34 on iphone 5 for 24 months renewing next year and will stay with 3 . Check them out mate

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Virgin Media's coverage is good. I think they also share with Orange and O2.

I was in hospital recently and took my laptop, using my 'phone as a modem. No problem at all with reception and it was quite fast.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Greg I am sure I saw a similar deal with the same calls and internet data with Vodafone. 34 quid per month 67 quid for the phone and and two year contract for the iPhone 5s

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Giff Gaff is ok ish.Mostly coverage is ok and I did not have too many problems.
    My vodafone was better but for £12.50 a month and unlimited data, unlimited text and 250 minutes I am not complaining.
    Giff Gaff is basically 02 so you know already what you getting.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As much as I hate to say it, EE is going to be the best network if you want coverage. It'll work out cheaper if you buy a phone from Orange/Tmobile and opt out of 4g because it is very overpriced atm. Also unless you've got your heart set on a mediocre iphone 5s, I would recommend you look at the better android OS phones such as the Samsung S4 and HTC One.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    iPhone for the win none of the green jelly ICE cream lipstick or what ever it called. LOL

Apple all day long

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Rolf: , I'm so cool cos I got a picture of a half eaten apple on my phone.

iPhones are like the Audi/BMWs of the phone world. Sure they look good on the outside, on the inside however you've just got mediocre components that make a whole lot of noise but with no end result.

funny-dog-broken-iPhone-5.

Last edited: Monday 18th Nov, 2013
  11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL. Its KitKat now and it looks no different to the previous versions. A bit like how apple do their ios.

Is 4G really worth the extra £££ though? On O2 i can download at 250KB + so its quick enough for me.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been getting 1.5mbps through 3g on just two bars in canterbury, 4+ mbps back in London so for most people 3g should be more than adequate.

EDIT: One major issue I forgot to mention is that tmobile/orange are allowed to increase the monthly price once per year based on CPI inflation. I signed for a 24 month contract last nov, come April I was told it was going to increase by £1.18 per month. So overall I'm going to end up paying another £19. In the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad but still very underhand from EE.

Last edited: Monday 18th Nov, 2013
  13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    EE/T-Mobile/Orange have all round excellent coverage, and their customer service isn't bad either.

I'm not a fan of O2/GiffGaff's internet coverage. Three have great coverage/speed throughout, terrible customer service. No experience with Vodafone personally but I do hear good things about their customer service. Virgin have great prices and run off EE's network.

14. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    as I have O2 now,I'm afraid that I'll get same poor reception at home on giffgaff, so maybe I'll juts end my contract and maybe it's worth to try few providers with their sim free, my main priority is data, I need at least 2GB and would like to get better coverage then O2, few of my friends had 3 and they wasn't happy with their service, I've got Virgin broadband, so maybe it will be cheaper if I get their SIM. Still browsing internet and reading reviews about providers ;-)