General TA thread feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SayamaAccord, Thursday 5th Apr, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is a thread giving AOC members the opportunity to comment on any interesting threads arising on TypeAccord.

Tonight there is a thread about a failed MOT due to front suspension arm bushes failing.

It isn't clear which bush is at fault but the likelihood is that this is the compliance bush on the front lower arm which is the large round bush shown on the arms here which look like chicken wishbones

accord control arm - Google Search

These bushes always go sooner or later on the 7th and 8th Generation Accords within the life of the car and eventually the arm collapses onto the subframe.

It's a problem because when these bushes go the car won't steer properly.

The bush can be pressed out and replaced instead of fitting a completely new arm.

The thread also mentions front ball joints failing. These can easily be confused with compliance bushes but are a completely different thing. A ball joint would not be made of rubber.

Last edited: Thursday 5th Apr, 2012
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Accord GT stage 2 remap

Another satisfied customer.

"the downside is my clutch and flywheel didnt last long when i found my new power out of the remap"

Driveshafts might not be far behind.

Everything has a price.

"yes the EGR delete makes a real big difference to you car performance and smoothness. but however it does throw out alot more smoke than stock.."

Interesting.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have seen a car with this ERG delete I have spent hour after hour understanding the file, even showing it to a few industry leading tuners ( not file uploaders) and on paper the placebo effect is substantial.

The long term effects of it are still being understood. There is no denying this map from the Yorkshire firm will cause damage to the car.if there is a marketing strategy to give this tune some sort of credibility then people are being mislead.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guess who wrote this?

Nice one, good to see everything is going well. It's also testament to the quality of our tuning that you can run a Stage 2 on a taxi B)

What a pile of crap. Such good quality that everything else on the car is packing up.
    It alright though it can all be fixed with a paddle clutch and some two stroke oil.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hope people who are contemplating the wonder paddle diesel clutch have heard of the phenomenon called Crank Walk\Walking Crankshaft?

first symptoms is the juddering on first gear..:Wink:

Looking at the crank can anyone wants to guess which bits will first take the brunt of torque transfer?
    i-ctdi crank.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

"Its not the map but the ***** clutch....DMF is a inherently poor design, they go anyway."

This is confusing me. He blames the clutch, then he blames the dual mass flywheel.

But they are completely different components.

He seems to me to be suggesting that both Honda clutches and Honda flywheels are not fit for purpose.

If I read him correctly then that's quite some allegation.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If there is movement in the crank then would it be the shims (item 10) and whatever those retainers (item 11) are called?

Last edited: Friday 6th Apr, 2012
  8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I say the person posting is not fit for purpose when he accuses two different components for being at fault. :Messed:

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't believe for one second that Honda clutches and flywheels are unfit for purpose.

If Honda find these sort of allegations unacceptable and these sort of comments are not being moderated out then Honda might even take action to have the publishing website closed down.

Last edited: Friday 6th Apr, 2012
  11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Actually come to think of it, I will report it. Its libellous.

For background:

Before I bought my 8th Generation, I spoke with Honda extensively on the DMF etc having been burned on previous non-Honda diesel car.

They advised me that in the UK and Europe, they had only had ONE car come back for a DMF issues. And that was discovered to be driver related, not component related.

12. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

"we all no Honda pressure plates are useless and even go from stock cars.
    These maps are used to give good gains within a safe limit it's just a shame about the stock clutch but everyone hear will no this anyway."

So which is it, flywheel, clutch, or both?

And is "useless" a fair comment? I think not.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I left this:

Yep, acutely aware of that.

[quote name='brett' timestamp='1333701694' post='105956']we all no Honda pressure plates are useless and even go from stock cars.[/quote]

[quote name='brett' timestamp='1333701694' post='105956']...it's just a shame about the stock clutch but everyone hear will no this anyway.[/quote]

[quote name='Salim' timestamp='1333693899' post='105943']
    Its not the map but the ***** clutch.....Dmf is a inherently poor design, they go anyway.[/quote]

These three quotes above concern me. Interpret it anyway you want, but that to me is bordering on, if not already outright libellous. These are massive accusations against Honda and their OEM design/ed components - do you think Honda would accept these comments as "fact"? Because these remarks are tantamount to accusing Honda of supplying parts not fit for purpose.

Very worrying if this is the mindset.[/QUOTE]

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking at this TA thread, they've lost the plot.
    I pointed out to Brett that's a wide sweeping statement about pressure plates.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would just like to clarify and make something clear here , AOC is run by people who HAVE NO vested interest within a business nor do we sell or offer services for money to our members. There are no kickback,bungs ,golden handshakes or backhanders from anyone or our vendors.I can go to great lengths and make this public to prove it ..

I have spent a lot of money and time building this place and all it services are free even fixing members cars. So in saying that for the record we don’t have a business which runs on this forum nor do we need to protect it. That is why we have appointed class leading vendors , just no side kick start up who can talk the talk.

if members challenge someones sweeping generalisation, it is stating the bare bone truth and that can be bad for the business concerned. So please do not make the assertion that is bad mouthing a forum, people are not fools. It is laughable, it’s more like protecting the business which feeds it.

16. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ironic that someone complains about damaging interests on public forums while doing exactly that to Honda.

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What can be expected from someone who all the time is saying that BMW is better car then Honda and is always telling others to buy BMW,Audi etc etc instead of Honda.

18. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A website run by Accord drivers. That makes a refreshing change....

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bingo.

But of course, can Sir Fahad see the irony of his fallacy? (Rhetorical!)

20. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure Fahad is still checking in to read this thread. Could I request he be big enough to explain why we have been banned for expressing an opinion. I don't remember that contravening TA rules. If it does contravene the rules, fine. If it doesn't, do yourself a favour and don't make them up as you go along, highly unprofessional and childish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.