General TA volume on radio

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Tuesday 7th Oct, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Does anyone know how to set the TA (traffic announcement) volume on the radio, mine is the 6-cd changer model in a 2006 accord, looked in the manual but no mention of it, maybe you can't?
    Cheers Pete

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IIRC there is a TA button let me go and look for you in my 7th Generation 2 ticks
    - - - Updated - - -
    I can't see the option in advance mode too so it can't be done only thing is when TA flashes on your LCD you increase\decrease the volume on the steering.

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    many thanks for looking mate, it's just that it's the initial heart attack when the volume suddenly goes full blast as the announcement comes through !LOL
    Cheers Pete

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The Japanese way of getting your attention.:spiteful:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Mate next time the TA comes up full blast can you quickly turn the volume down look at the volume level on LCD showing its going down. Next time another announcement comes see if it remembers the setting you chose.

I know on HFT you can alter the volume like this and it works.

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks mate, I will do that, I did have to turn it down earlier, so will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow morning on the way to work.
    Cheers Pete

6. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Tried it this morning alas it didn't work, never mind , just think I'll keep TA switched off .
    Cheers Pete

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

8. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    No it's not mate.
    Cheers Pete