General Tail light on parking sensor switch

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Patc50, Wednesday 14th Sep, 2016.

1. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pat Nantwich
    Another trivial question from a CR-V newbie - I see that the dashboard parking sensor switch (P) has a telltail light which illuminates when switched on. My telltail light is not working (parking sensors work fine). Is there a quick fix or is it best left alone? Any info much appreciated.

(By the way, air con wasn't working, thought it might be the dreaded compressor clutch problem but turned out to be the relay. Popped a new relay in and all is well.)

Cheers

2. Paul1000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Neston
    Hi, mines the same, there used to be a green led, and the switch it up with the lights on, now nothing, switch still works though.

3. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Don't know how to fix it but I found out the other day that when you put mine in reverse it bleeps at you to tell you the parking sensors are on. Wasted a few minuets plying with that, sensors off into reverse no bleep, sensors on into reverse and it bleeps! Wife then said can we actually drive now!

4. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that - yes, I've got the bleeps but being a bit of a nerd and liking things to work, I was hoping to fix the LED in the switch. Not critical ..... just nice :Smile:

Dave64 likes this.
  5. Dave64 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

have you tried levering the switch out from the facia gently, may be a case of a blown bulb.

6. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No tried that yet - was hoping someone had done it before me and could tell me any problems.

Dave64 likes this.
  7. Dave64 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a plunger type switch rather than a rocker. I would slip in a thin bladed screwdriver with some cloth to protect the facia and switch give it a wiggle or if you have them facia removal tools even better.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there - I've not tackled this one yet. I've had a close look at the switch and it seems to be flush with the fascia with no chance of levering it out. It looks like the only access is from behind the dash so I've left it alone for now!!

Ichiban likes this.