Electrical & Lights Tailgate woes

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by cozezo, Sunday 19th Jan, 2014.

1. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Hi All.

Left my 09 tourer for 10 days while I was away. When I got back, I found the tailgate wouldn't open from the remote or the release on the tailgate or drivers door. After locking/unlocking the car from the master switch on the drivers door the tailgate opened ok from the remote. Now its gone back to not opening at all. the car locks/unlocks ok but the lights don't flash now to say the alarm is armed nor does the total open facility work anymore. Disconnected battery for 10 secs no change. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Does your front passenger window glass go up and down ? as there is a link to your tailgate.

3. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Just checked. Not working.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Nothing has been spilled on the window switch but Ill strip it out tomorrow and check. Doesn't seem as though the alarm is arming either, no flashing lights externally or warning led on dash. Thanks for the info, will keep you posted.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not a problem just check the fuses check the battery on your car is in good health and with a good state of charge. a switch failing whilst not is use is strange ..

7. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    just been out and checked fuse, its ok. Battery seems ok, green window, no problems cranking/starting. hopefully its the switch. whats involved in removing the door card? Thanks again for the help.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do you have extended warranty ? just a though is that switch is faulty then its around 170 quid.

9. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    No, I bought the car used. Can you point me in the direction of the door card fixings please?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah I can post some instructions that when I get home buddy is that Ok ?

11. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Managed to get the switch out without removing the card.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Had the switch out most of the day, fitted it back to go home and everything works fine again!! Guess I'll wait for the new switch to save it happening again.

Thanks for all your help.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good work so removing and unplugging its resolved the issue .. great stuff :GoodJob: drinks on you then.

13. cozezo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Well almost, it was intermittent on the way home.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You would need to get the car scanned with a good ODB reader and look at the electrical health of the car.Honda HDS or Snap on OBD readers will tell you what is going on. Get your battery checked out too.