General Taken the plunge.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveT, Friday 7th Dec, 2012.

1. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi all ,

Today i have taken the plunge and ordered my new accord from HH, 18 to 20 week wait:Aghast:, looking at mid April for delivery:Smile: can,t come quick enough now.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats Steve on your purchase.What did you get if you don't mind me asking 2.4?
    Long wait but worth it.

3. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi Zoran, yeah mate 2.4, its going to kill me waiting, but hope its as good as everyone says.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jealous now,i bet waiting for it its not going to be easy.
    You won't be disappointed,it really is a great car.
    Nice to drive and lots of power when you need it.I could go on and on because i just love my 2.4.

5. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Good to hear you love your 2.4, i could not find an 8th Generation 2,4 to test drive so have brought it blind so to speak

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Steve has your delivery date come down or revised?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You could have asked me you could can test drive mine or Zorans :Wink:

8. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi the order goes in on monday, I will get an approx date the following monday from Holdcroft, looking at mid April. Thanks for the offer of a test drive, if its half as good as the 7th i will be more than happy .

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will find out for you bud the date you get your car :Wink: the 8th Generation is a MASSIVE improvement over the 7th Generation you will love it.:Happy:

1) The engine is biggest strong point the tall gearing is designed for high speed cruising the top end speed on the autobahns is a breeze.

2) Engine power is more linear there is more of VTEC growl and kick feel the exhaust note is glorious on full song.

3) Short shifting is amazing fun if you are on twisty roads.

4) 15% increase in fuel efficiency than the 7th Generation more torquey drive in all the gear never get the feeling of low torque.No more dropping a gear to remain the torque band, like the 2.4 7th Generation it will happily pull in 4th gear and 6th at 80 MPH.Thanks to the variable intake manifold bigger throttle body revised cylinder head and less back pressure..

5) Brakes out of this world even the Titanic would have stopped when it saw the iceberg :Wink: the rear disc are bigger than the 7th Generation front discs LOL

6) Fit and finish is amazing and the seats are massive improvement of the 7th Generation, more supportive and relaxing . Honda engineers spend a lot of their research budget into the seats and it shows it !!

7) Steering you will take some time to get hang off but soon figure out the steering need small inputs for directional changes.

8) Gears gate is short throw and you get precise gear feel, no more massive throw as seen on the 7th Generation.

9) Suspension and damping is spot on no more pendulum juddering on massive potholes.

Personally I see the 7th Generation as old by 2 generations when you get to terms with your new car. when the 7th Generation Petrol owners get their 8th Generation they will be soon realise how difficult it was to build perfection.

7th Generation is a great car and I still love it but the way 8th Generation has refined all our feedback is amazing and nothing short of engineering brilliance. can't wait for the 9th Generation.

I love my 8th Generation I would say its the best Accord till date, everyone should buy one and get Honda UK mad by buying it.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    BTW Steve I have to congratulate you not buying a Swindon Wagon! well done sir! :Hey:

We need more customers buying the Accords. infact we should all run a lottery syndicate and if our numbers come up we all buy Accords to send a signal to Honda .,

11. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Thanks for the info CJ, better than salesman spiel, when it comes from a clued up owner , glad your happy with yours.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The wait will kill you, it did my head in was bored waiting for it but like the Guinness advert "Good things come to those who wait."

What colour and spec have you gone for LKAS?

13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did you order auto or manual?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I bet he ordered the correct tranny "manual" :Tongue:

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    LOL .. I like that idea Ceej :Smile: