Finished Tatton park Classic car show

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by accordheritage, Monday 1st Jun, 2015.

1. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Had an excellent day at Tatton park show today. This was the 29th show and the first time we gathered with our classic Hondas.

Big thanks to Jay Spendlove for inviting me.

I attended in my show queen Accord saloon, had many nice things said about her.

We had a special guest appearance by ex Honda Japan employee Tomio Chiba. He was nice enough to sign my bootlid.

Great to finally meet pottermus. Face to a name! Nice Capri my friend very clean.

I'll sort pictures tonight.

Last edited: Monday 1st Jun, 2015
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never knew this was happening let alone event was finished. I have been to tatton before its a good show. @Pottermus was CCC there and your car?

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CCC was there all weekend, although I only went on Sunday with being on holiday last week.

The old Hondas created quite a bit of interest from what I saw. There was a cheeky S800 amongst the show.

S2ki also had a stand, but I didn't bother looking around it.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to see the old Honda making some waves it's about time they did!!, Has Tiny finished his S800 yet or is that still on 10 year plan.

5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's on the backburner at the minute. Although he will be back on it soon as the other little toy he's been doing should be on the road within the next couple of weeks.

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was at Tatton two years ago and it was a really good show,didn't realise it was on or I would have made an appearance.

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is another on the 23rd of August.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I may not do that as I have MotoGP at Silverstone the next week to attend,and I am away that week.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Getting into Tatton is a chore so you just can't make an appearance as you will be waiting a few hours to get in. You have to be there at the crack of dawn.

9. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    As promised:

IMAG1812_1. IMAG1808. IMAG1774. IMAG1768. IMAG1767. IMAG1781. IMAG1803. IMAG1805. IMAG1816. IMAG1820. IMAG1822. IMAG1809. IMAG1802_1. IMAG1782. IMAG1780. IMAG1765. IMAG1766. IMAG1777. IMAG1773. IMAG1775. IMAG1779. IMAG1806.

mekys2000 and MickyB like this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Very tasty motors there the ground was a bit slushy I would have been having kittens taking my car on that.

You such a poser Chris getting the bot lid signed by a Honda employee. :smoke:

accordheritage likes this.
  11. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    We had a 10 thousand mile 1976 Civic in our group win one of the best of show cars. We also won as a club stand, one of the best club stands at show. Not bad for our first meeting. Seven little Hondas in-between around 2500 other cars.

Look forward to getting my Banana Rocket road ready.

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well done on the 6th best placed club stand, that's a real achievement at Tatton as the standard is so high (we won 5th though lol)

13. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆